Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A cup of coffee with Jesus  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Groundhawg

• House Bee
A cup of coffee with Jesus
« on: August 07, 2018, 08:44:21 pm »
A Republican, in a wheelchair, entered a restaurant one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee.  The Republican looked across the restaurant and asked
is that Jesus sitting over there?" The waitress nodded "yes"! So, the Republican requested that she give Jesus a cup of coffee, on him.

The next patron to come in was a Libertarian, with a hunched back.  He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus, over there?" The waitress nodded, so the Libertarian asked her to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, ?My treat."

The third patron to come into the restaurant was a Democrat on crutches.  He hobbled over to a booth, sat down and hollered, "Hey there honey! How's about getting me a cold mug of Miller Light!  He, too, looked across the restaurant and asked, "Isn't that God's boy over there? 
The waitress nodded, so the Democrat directed her to give Jesus a cold beer. "On my bill," he said loudly so everyone in the restaurant could hear.

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Republican felt the strength come back into his legs, got up and began to praise the Lord.  Jesus passed by the Libertarian, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Libertarian felt his back straightening up, he raised his hands and he, too, began to praise the Lord.

Then, Jesus walked, with a huge smile on his face, towards the Democrat.

The Democrat jumped up and yelled, "Don't touch me...... I'm on disability."

For Those Who Understand, No Explanation is necessary.  For Those Who Do Not Understand, No Explanation is possible.
Gracious words are like a honey comb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.  Proverbs 16:24

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: A cup of coffee with Jesus
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:39:14 pm »
Good one.   :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 01:31:53 am »
 :cheesy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 03:18:13 am »
Neill

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 12:23:51 am »
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

anything