Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: It's so simple  (Read 5830 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: It's so simple
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 03:25:16 pm »
I have hired a person who could not read or write. I went into walmart the other day and asked the clerk for a dozen of an item. He had no idea how many were in a dozen. I went into a convenience store last weekend and the clerk had no legs below the knee.

Just what do you consider unemployable?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 08:41:53 pm »
Iddee,
My son is a quadratic from birth. AOL hired him while he was still a junior in high school. He worked there for 10 years until they closed the doors and moved everything over seas. They really liked his spirit. He went to work every day no matter how much pain he was in.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 09:46:25 pm »
That's what I mean, Jim. 99% of the unemployable can find jobs, but won't, because their welfare check is more than they can make working. As long as that is the case, we will never see an improvement.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 10:00:28 am »
Just what do you consider unemployable?
Someone that has no desire to be self sufficient.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 10:03:44 am »
because their welfare check is more than they can make working.

I don't think so.  It is because they don't have to do anything to get the check.  As long as this is the case they will never get a job even if it pays more.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 10:22:23 am »
Ace, you just keep agreeing with us conservatives, you just refuse to admit it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 12:19:54 pm »
>Us old Trump supporters are dumb enough to think we still have to work and earn it.

I think you know you don't HAVE to work to earn it.  You just can't keep your self respect if you don't.  Some people have no self respect.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 01:11:17 pm »
Require some kind of work -- picking up rubbish beside the highway, cleaning public toilets (are there any of them remaining?  They used to exist.), as "greeters" at public buildings, neighborhood playground attendants, whatever -- anything to get them off the couch as a requirement for their "entitlements" would help people form some kind of work ethic.  In Germany, every public restroom I saw had an attendant collecting 25 cents to use the facilities.  I assume they keep it clean and well-supplied as part of their duties.  When I didn't have 25 cents at one place, the woman outside the restroom let me go ahead in.  I left there, went to an ATM, got change and went back to pay her.  She was a bit surprised that I came back and we both laughed about it.  Anyone know how long that has been going on?  This was in Cologne, near the cathedral, and the area was thick with immigrants.  Did that have anything to do with it in that particular location?  I thought at first it was unique to that place, but found restroom attendants everywhere I went.

Require work suited to the abilities of the welfare recipient and soon, I suspect and hope, they will find employment elsewhere that pays more, but no work, no check.  Even if they have children, someone else on welfare could care for those children as their employment responsibility.  It may seem unkind, even brutal to a progressive, but it might succeed.  Bill Clinton took steps in this direction as president, but failed to follow through.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 01:50:35 pm »
Ace, you just keep agreeing with us conservatives, you just refuse to admit it.
Hey it was you that tries to label me a liberal.  I have some liberal ideas but I am more conservative then you think.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 01:57:05 pm »
Require some kind of work -- picking up rubbish beside the highway, cleaning public toilets (are there any of them remaining?  They used to exist.), as "greeters" at public buildings, neighborhood playground attendants, whatever...
I like the work idea but these would be government jobs and typically that would mean 3 white collar workers to supervise two of these government jobs.  I would rather see them work in industry where there is a standard and a real boss.  Government could pay half of the minimum wage.  They would learn something and earn something.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 02:04:17 pm »
Require some kind of work -- picking up rubbish beside the highway, cleaning public toilets (are there any of them remaining?  They used to exist.), as "greeters" at public buildings, neighborhood playground attendants, whatever...
I like the work idea but these would be government jobs and typically that would mean 3 white collar workers to supervise two of these government jobs.  I would rather see them work in industry where there is a standard and a real boss.  Government could pay half of the minimum wage.  They would learn something and earn something.

You already have three government workers in place to process their "entitlent" payments.  But yeah, if you could get industries to participate.  The problem either way would be their joining a union to protect them from having to meet standards.  Any possible solution to just about any problem you can think of will have unforeseen consequences. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 02:40:55 pm »
""I have some liberal ideas but I am more conservative then you think.""

I'm beginning to think you are more conservative than even YOU think.   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2018, 08:28:38 pm »
The problem either way would be their joining a union to protect them from having to meet standards.
You will never see a union in a workforce that treats its workers fairly.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2018, 08:34:18 pm »
You will never see a union in a workforce, or anywhere else, that treats its members fairly.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2018, 12:56:08 am »
Herb,
Company managers that have learned to take care of their people far exceed those that just take advantage of their people.
It took a while for me to learn that as a leader in the Navy. Once I realized that when I changed from worrying about getting the job done to making it my job taking to take care of my people, I found out that most people did a better job of getting the job done than I could telling them how to do it. To top it off, they liked being able to do a good job. Besides taking care of them, my main job was letting them know the goals.
Jim

Sorry, I missed this earlier. Please don't misunderstand me. There is an ocean of difference between managers and owners. Trump owns for a living. He has enough money to hire the best managers and hold them to high standards. He also learned early on the value of top shelf lawyers. Management as a job sucks. Only those truly born for it should attempt it. They have to be the go-between for labor and owners. When the owner's want a change the first target is management. When labor has a complaint they go to management.I've never envied anyone in that position.
Neill

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2018, 09:27:01 am »
You will never see a union in a workforce, or anywhere else, that treats its members fairly.

Of course not.  The union treats everyone equally and that is not fair.  Corporate america treats everyone equally and again not fair.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything