Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from a newbee located in Central of New Jersey  (Read 257 times)

Offline tamhnguyen

• Brood
Hello from a newbee located in Central of New Jersey
« on: May 02, 2024, 11:44:16 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am very new to bee keeping.   I recently purchase a NUC that came in the form of 5-deep Langstroth frames.

I am thinking about transition to either a 20-frame Layens or a Bee Barn style by Vino farm.

Is there anyone from central of NJ that has either one of these bee hives?

Thank you in advance.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Hello from a newbee located in Central of New Jersey
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 11:53:49 pm »
tamhnguyen Welcome to Beemaster !
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 12:03:03 am »
Welcome to Beemaster, tamhnguyen!  :happy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 07:36:40 am »
Welcome, tamhnguyen. I?m in the SEPA but don?t recall hearing from anyone in central Jersey in my short time here. The hives that you mentioned are rarely used so don?t be surprised or feel slighted if you don?t get a response. I do believe that there are a couple of layens hive users here from other parts though.

As a new beekeeper, what help and guidance do you have? Keeping them alive through the winter is a challenge and will an important goal. An experienced beek would be good to help you with that.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 08:44:34 am »
Welcome Tam,
My father-in-law, Lou Zeleskey was the president of the bee club in Central NJ, then he started a new club in Bucks County, PA before he passed away.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 10:37:27 am »
Welcome!  Try putting your questions in the general beekeeping section and also use the search feature.  Hopefully, someone will be able to help you out. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 10:49:36 am »
We also have an alternate hive styles section where our members who use Layens hives typically post questions related specifically to that style of beekeeping.  You might want to explore this area.  https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?board=96.0
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything