Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2670 times)

Offline CrazyBee

• Brood
« on: August 11, 2017, 01:44:14 pm »
I have been around bees on and off now for 30 years.  I have kept bees in the Caribbean, Australia and now Canada.  My user name comes from a website I built while laid off from my Oil patch job, seeing I had nothing better to do.  I am not a commercial beekeeper. I have two hives at my house in Calgary and about 10 with two friends on their farm south west of the city.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:56 pm »
I have been around bees on and off now for 30 years.  I have kept bees in the Caribbean, Australia and now Canada.  My user name comes from a website I built while laid off from my Oil patch job, seeing I had nothing better to do.  I am not a commercial beekeeper. I have two hives at my house in Calgary and about 10 with two friends on their farm south west of the city.
Welcome CB... might I ask which State(s) in Aussie you are familiar with
beewise ? Currently my swag rests in FNQ with prior stops around the NT and South Australia, a brief sojourn in WA-  southeast coastal. Whilst I spent some years in SE Qld. I ran no hives there at that time.

Cheerio.

Bill

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 12:04:11 am »
Welcome  :happy:

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 04:31:55 pm »
Welcome crazybee I have been playing with bees a long time off and on, and I have helped BEEKS in several foreign countries and I am also OILFIELD TRASH.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 03:31:44 pm »
Welcome to BeeMaster.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 09:31:13 am »
Welcome. Your knowledge will be valuable here.;

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 10:49:49 am »
Welcome to BeeMaster.
Jim

Thanks for the revival Jim, I was hoping CB would acknowledge so I could ask the fellow what the "oil trash" tag meant.
In my experience land based exploratory drillers (squillets) and sea bound rig workers are amongst the highest paid trades in this Country. I found the term puzzling, resolved to thinking the use is complimentry amongst other trades, in much the same way we in Aussie fondly rely on turd burglers - our water and sewer plumbers ;-)

Cheers.

Bill

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 12:35:33 pm »
"Oil Field Trash" is a term that oil field workers proudly adopt, and most of us wear the name honorably and charitably.   My ladies still have no interest in Goldenrod but are working during a time that is usually a dearth.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 07:34:56 pm »
I thought aa much Paus, difficult to accept "oilfield trash" earns
less than I did when they are driving 2016 V8 Landcruiser utes
an' I am stuck with (happily) my '02 Landcruiser troopy!!
   :  chuckles:

Bill

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 10:54:26 pm »
Welcome!   :grin: