Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A few rustic creations  (Read 7452 times)

Offline 220

• House Bee
Re: A few rustic creations
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 11:32:29 pm »
Had a business card dropped of last week from a garden centre about 50miles away, gave them a call and they were keen to start selling some of these. No real negotiation as they were quite happy to buy them outright at a 20% discount put their own mark up on and order more as they sell. Dropped $150 worth off to them yesterday

This is one of the designs I added since starting with the originals

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 09:02:32 am »
Sounds like you have a new job/company. Congratulations. Have you picked out a company name?
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 04:00:23 pm »
heres one for you.  :wink:

Honey Maker Creations.

two birds with one stone. :cool:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 06:58:36 am »
Have you seen the new tool that they are selling on one of those paid programs?
Instead of using a saw blade, it uses a pull punch to cut. The up stroke pulls the tip through the metal and punches a hole on each stroke. It looks great for cutting tin roof. They claim it will cut 18 gauge stainless steal.
One problem, they show it making exactly what you make and make it look very easy to do.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline 220

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 06:15:48 am »
Don't know if I have seen the one you are referring to Jim, but from the description it sounds like a nibbler. They have been around for years, like a lot of paid advertising they certainly can do what they show if you have the skill. Trouble is most don't have the skill or the inclination to put in the hours need on the tool to develop it.

Started another sideline today, have been casting bullets for years and today I decided to list some on one of the free to list firearms websites.
Had 2 enquiries about my 370gr .459 coated HP in the first 4 hours. Wasn't sure how to price them so went with alloy cost + a nice hourly rate to cover the time to cast, coat & size. Only trouble is only had one box left after loading for myself the other week and have orders already for 4 boxes.
Will have to have another big casting session just had another call while I was typing asking for another 2 boxes when I can get them done.

Plenty of commercial bullet casters in Aus but no one I know of doing HP and hardball seems to be standard across the board. I guess automated casters don't lend themselves to HP. I'm casting these from 2:2:96 and surprising the number you can cast quickly with a 4 cavity mould. I usually run 2 or 3 different moulds at the same time to really speed things up pouring one while the others are cooling.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 09:04:19 am »
are these for muzzel loaderss? what are you coating them with? have a nieghbor who cases his ammo. he coats them with powder paint. and heats them.

john

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 10:42:12 am »
220, I have never seen a mold for hollow points. Is that an Australian company?
Who makes them.
Is suspect you better get busy. You will soon have more orders than you can handle.   :smile:
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline 220

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 05:09:13 pm »
I have been using them in 45/70, coating is Hi-Tek a polymer, similar but different to powder coating. I have used them with black powder loads but when I do I also use a black powder lube to help with powder fouling.
Mould is from a USA manufacturer, NOE they have a massive selection of moulds and offer HP in a lot of them. If you visit their website the HP moulds are designated with RG. I  also have 357 and 375 moulds from them that throw HP. They use a captive pin arrangement that makes casting almost as quick as a non HP and also offer FP pins so the one mould can be used to cast both FP & HP.

Will do another thread in the outdoor section when I cast up the next batch

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 10:58:32 pm »
I will check them out. Thanks.
Jim
Ben Franklin

anything