ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Digging a Shallow Well

(1/3) > >>

.30WCF:
I wanted a little water out by the bees and my building. I made a drill and attached concrete float handles to it. A pair of 12inch channel locks was all the persuasion it took. It has a 4 inch case and 1-1/4 inch intake on the pump. The water should clear up in a few days. I hit water at about 6 feet deep where the ground stays wet 3/4 of the year anyway. I stopped at around 16 feet. I should have about 10 feet of standing water. Should be enough to fill a bucket and rinse something.

I usually water the near by garden by buckets when needed. It should work to keep the bees watered and rinse off when cleaning deer and squirrels.

Kicking around the idea of running a line to the building and putting a 5 gallon bladder and electric pump in there if it proves to hold water. I have an old above ground pump I replaced at the house a few years back when the impeller started to wear out. 

A little video of the dig below.

https://youtu.be/NFioEmLt7wE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.30WCF:

The15thMember:
Fascinating!  That seemed surprisingly simple! 

.30WCF:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on December 06, 2021, 12:25:24 am ---Fascinating!  That seemed surprisingly simple!

--- End quote ---
Well, (you see what I did there?), I didn?t show that that was the third try. I hit a rock, then a big root, and filled them back in. I had to move to not my ideal location and got it the third time. The first one was right at the building, then down by the fire pit. But for all I know, I could have moved 2 feet from the original location and gotten it. I like it though.

.30WCF:
I bet you have a few more rocks than I do though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version