BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

What did you do in your Apiary/Bee yard today?

(1/140) > >>

NigelP:
I'm always intrigued and fascinated by what other beekeepers are doing in their apiaries, bee yards.
Today I removed the Apitraz strips from my hives as they had been on for 6 weeks. Then jarred a load of soft set honey ready for a farmers market next weekend.
Just need washing and labelling and they are good to go.

Ben Framed:
NigelP I confess I only walked through yesterday. Today will be a repeat./No physical hands on. I want to say I like your soft set honey jars! What size by weight are they rated?

Thanks,

Phillip

NigelP:
12oz or 340gs. I like using hexagonal jars as they stack better (and more of them) in the crate.
Sell them at of 8$ each. Once customers get hold of real smooth soft set honey they are hooked and back for more....which is good for me.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: NigelP on October 24, 2021, 02:29:55 pm ---12oz or 340gs. I like using hexagonal jars as they stack better (and more of them) in the crate.
Sell them at of 8$ each. Once customers get hold of real smooth soft set honey they are hooked and back for more....which is good for me.

--- End quote ---

Thank you; Yes I see the advantages, adding these jars promote an extra attractiveness.
I am also curious as what our members are doing in the bee yard. We have members from so many countries and climates. 

Phillip

CoolBees:
Pls pardon my ignorance - what is Soft Set honey?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version