Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bump Fire Stock  (Read 4747 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Bump Fire Stock
« on: March 22, 2016, 02:17:08 pm »
Bought my wife a bump fire stock for her AR 15. She's like a little kid again, all giddy when she fires it. A couple of observations; 1) Hard to tell it apart from fully auto by listening. 2) Easy to assemble 3) You go through a ton of ammo. 4) fun, fun, fun!

When you start sending a lot of ammo down range I'd be concerned for the barrel.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bump Fire Stock
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 02:33:38 pm »
I just took a look at it online and it is awsome.
Jim
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:07:51 pm by sawdstmakr »
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 09:01:24 pm »
Wow!  Amazing piece of equipment.  Wish I had an AR!
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 12:02:41 am »
I had problems running steel through mine.  Got hot and melted the shellac off the steel.  Jammed up good. 
Use brass if you don't already.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 09:05:43 am »
jvalentour; Steel projectiles or steel casings?

Yes, it's a load of fun.

There's a form letter that came with it from the ATF defining an automatic weapon. Basically if you pull the trigger once, hold it and it continues to fire it's fully auto. This skirts the law because the trigger is being pulled each time the weapon is fired. Although it's actually the momentum that's driving the trigger pull.

IRAQ VET8888(?) Has a you tube posting called "AR Meltdown" Some company donated an AR for this purpose. He fired several 30 round clips and a couple of drums. You could see the barrel turn red from the firing. If anyone is interested I'd recommend you tube'n bump stock.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 10:46:47 am »
I saw a You Tube video of an AK fired sull-auto until the stock caught fire.  What a waste, IMHO.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 11:24:21 am »
Steel case, specifically Wolf.
It does get hot.

Offline MikeCinWV

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 09:12:45 am »
I put a slide fire stock on a smith and Wesson m and p 1522.  Couldn't afford to shoot 223 in that quantity but 22 is very affordable.  Had to swap out rigger assembly and add a reverse muzzle break to increase kick so stock would function.   Tons of fun.   Puts a smile on everyone's face when they shoot it.  I can swap it back and forth between any AR style weapon in just a few minutes.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 10:19:48 am »
Hey Mike welcome, 22s cost more than 223 around here.

Offline MikeCinWV

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 12:33:17 am »
Thanks fir the welcome.  Its about 20 cents a round for 223 and 9 cents for 22 here but not to long ago you couldn't find 22.  People were waiting at the ammo counter at Wal mart every morning to buy the little bit they got each day.  Then they would resell it for a ridiculous price.  Thankfully that has settled down.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 04:10:45 pm »
Okay, I'm getting better at hitting something with the bump fire stock on.

I went through 20 rounds and one of them hit the target (lol) I'll shoot 1-2 hundred rounds and maybe 10 will hit the target. Basically the first one out of the barrel when you first pull the trigger. It's still a lot of fun. It's a great stress relief for my wife.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 05:40:27 pm »
Okay, I'm getting better at hitting something with the bump fire stock on.

I went through 20 rounds and one of them hit the target (lol) I'll shoot 1-2 hundred rounds and maybe 10 will hit the target. Basically the first one out of the barrel when you first pull the trigger. It's still a lot of fun. It's a great stress relief for my wife.

How heavy is your rifle?  Try just cradling the forestock rather than gripping it.  If the rifle is heavy enough, it will settle back down, but if you are gripping it, you will make it "rise" because you're holding it at the top of the recoil point.  At least, that's true of a Thompson fired on full auto.  I used to know a 90-pound woman who could put most of the rounds in the black because she just let the Thompson settle back where it started.  Hold it tight and it will "rise" higher with each shot.  Try this and see if it works with the bump stock.  The worst I've ever seen was the M-2 carbine because it was so light.  I have a 9mm Ingram that is just okay to shoot full auto.