Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thanks for the help guys with the Forum advice  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
Thanks for the help guys with the Forum advice
« on: May 27, 2008, 03:10:49 pm »
I just wanted to post and say thanks. I received a ton of helpful advice from you guys about starting my own forum in conjunction with our design centers. I have got it almost up and running, literally mins now and it should be going. Thanks again for the help. I look forward to getting this all wrapped up and having a chance to catch my breath. Too many folks to thank to name names but you know who you are. Thanks again.
Frantz
PS Did I mention that I was appriciative!!!!
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
Re: Thanks for the help guys with the Forum advice
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:57:42 pm »
Ok, guys I think that I am ready, It is going live now. Wish me luck, I feel like a new father (is that strange?) Anyway www.homecoachforum.com. That is the address..
Thanks again for all the help.
Frantz

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 04:56:50 pm »
Just checked out your forum, very good job - nice logical layout, good job! Best of luck with it, and remember, a good member is always worth more than a great STAT in some search engine - be true to your members and your site will soar!

P.S. we do have our fair share of great techies aboard - you have indeed stumbled across one of our many communities here. I'd like to see more garden folk, we had a "No.2 man" here in my forums years ago, who went off and formed a very good garden forum - he was knowledged, but a bit of a back stabber here, so I requested he resign. But I would still like MORE gardening in here.

I think I'll have to have MORE plant, tree, whatever forum (with its own photo section - woohoo) to capture the tree species people to wonder on in and stay - lol. Always thinking. Best wishes.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 07:55:25 pm »
John,
Thanks for the advice and the kudos. I plan to follow the advice to a T!! That is what my design centers and the HomeCoach program are all about.
Thanks again
F

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 09:38:13 am »
Frantz,

Very nice.   I like the simple clean look.   Just curious, what made you go with phpBB?

rob...
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 10:35:40 pm »
Robo,
I went with the phpbb for a couple of reasons, I like the clean look, it has proven to be pretty easy to keep a handle on. Especially for a novice like me. And mostly the guys who helped me set it all up were very familiar with it. Ended up one of my clients (I do the construcion consultant thing) is a professor at one of those accelerated computer science colleges. He gave me a couple of students to get it up and running. 
So far so good
Frantz