Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from Oregon  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Beecky

• New Bee
Hi from Oregon
« on: April 02, 2019, 01:16:55 am »
Hi Everyone!
 My husband and I have been hobbyist beeks for about 6 years.  He started beekeeping first, and I was his helper - we have since reversed the roles and he's now my great helper!  All our hives made it through the winter this year!  We use medium 8 frame boxes and supers.  Spring is finally showing some promise out here in Oregon and the weather is slowly warming.  We have been reversing hive boxes and marking queens when we can find them.  We do splits with our hives and let the bees raise their own queens.  They seem to be doing a great job!   

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hi from Oregon
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:01:08 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Great choice using 8 frame mediums. Congratulations getting all of your bees through the winter.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 10:44:11 am »
Welcome  :happy:

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 02:36:32 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster. I'm glad you bees made it thru the winter - it seemed to hang around and not let us have a spring, for longer than usual this year. Hopefully you get a great honey season going forward. :grin:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Donovan J

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 07:42:36 pm »
Welcome!
3rd year of beekeeping and I still have lots to learn

Offline Beecky

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 11:49:12 am »
Thank you all! 

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 05:28:31 pm »
are you on the dry side or the wet side of the state?
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Hi
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 12:29:59 am »
Welcome Beecky from Oregon. Welcome to your husband as well. That is funny that he is now your helper! Glad y'all are so enthused and work together! Six years is impressive to me. I think that is awesome! I doubt my wife will take the plunge. She is not fond of the stinging part! Haa haa . But she sure does not mind the honey part!! Especially on a hot fresh buttered biscuit!!
 :cheesy:
Phillip 
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.