MEMBER BULLETIN BOARD > PHOTO PAGE - MEMBER PHOTOS & BEE-MOVIES HERE!

Cinema Homage to Vintage Beemaster

(1/1)

FloridaGardener:
Netflix is running  a Turkish movie "Kovan" or "Hive" in turkish - "Keeping the Bees" in English.

Slow but pleasant movie about returning to country life.  And at minute 18:14 what do they show? Vintage Beemaster Forum!

Thanks and kudos for keeping this site free of advertisements for a looooong time ! !

FloridaGardener:

Some accuracy, more than usual for movies.

My most pressing questions:

How did her bee suit stay clean and is it because Caucasian bees do not make propolis?

Why were the hives only one box deep? Maybe they harvested with a tablespoon? That's why the people were all so fit & slim?

Who coached them on the CGI beesrobbing scene? Doesn't look like that....

How did she get WiFi in the boondocks to read Beemaster?  I struggle with Verizon in suburban Florida.

Ben Framed:
Good post....

Geoff:

Even in Australia we've got satellite FloridaGardener. Lack a lot other things but not satellite !  !

Ben Framed:
Geoff, My 'good post' comment was coming from the idea that a movie might have contained beemaster in it. The rest I paid no attention to. I should have said interesting post instead. My apologies, By not watching the movie, I did not realize it was made in Australia or any other detail of the post or the movie. I only saw beemster was listed and was commenting on that and that alone. I still haven't watched it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version