Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: If that ain't country..,  (Read 8022 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: If that ain't country..,
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 01:37:28 pm »
Joe,
Most of my land is planted pine and I have cleared between the rows and planted hay. I can never cut it like that because there is brush between the rows. Thanks for the info.
When I see moccasins on the property I like to carry a 22 instead of a 9MM. Easier on the ears. i have killed 2 of them, both about 7 yards away. They run if you get any closer.
I leave all of the other snakes alone. They keep the rat population down. I have had to take several rat snakes out of our hen houses. They like the eggs. We often times find them right in the nest boxes.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 09:19:06 am »
For my snake killing gun of choice I prefer a shot gun as I am not the greatest of shots.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 12:02:06 pm »
For a snake killing gun, I hope for misfires.

I LIKE SNAKES.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 10:36:58 pm »

Help.  Understood 99% of the thread but what is bush hogging ?
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 10:43:02 pm »
Think of a large mower with a really big blade that can cut heavy brush, pulled behind a tractor.  At least, that's what I think.  I live in the city and don't need one.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 11:01:58 pm »
Country boys in this country (and probably in parts of Australia, as well) have tous we city guys can only admire from a distance.  Some have equipment that costs as much as a Lamborghini  that they only take out of the shed a few weeks a year.  I'm lucky if I can convince my wife I realy, really NEED a new cordless drill :cool:
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 11:06:36 pm »
Geof
Not mine but just so you can see one for referance.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=brush+hog+videos&view=detail&mid=EE666CC1FADEDDD86474EE666CC1FADEDDD86474&FORM=VIRE

Dallas
I hope someday to make at least half of what I spend on bees back cause my wife thinks half of everything I spend is hers.
Cheers

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 11:33:04 pm »
Geof
Not mine but just so you can see one for referance.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=brush+hog+videos&view=detail&mid=EE666CC1FADEDDD86474EE666CC1FADEDDD86474&FORM=VIRE

Dallas
I hope someday to make at least half of what I spend on bees back cause my wife thinks half of everything I spend is hers.
Cheers

Yeah, I get that, too.  "Beekeeping is an expensive hobby, isn't it?"

"Yes, Sweetheart.  And so is wife-keeping.". (i'll get the bandages of in a week)

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 12:56:18 am »
Dallas
If you wife says you really don't "need" that cordless drill, you might tell her you really didn't need her but you wanted her really badly.  Then agian maby not.  Are bandages really expensive?
Cheers
gww

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 09:08:20 am »
If you think bandages are expensive let one think they are better off without you and leave. I am 12000 in the hole and counting.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 10:16:21 pm »
Had a feral cat that's been taking out some of my chickens. I knew it was a cat because it would kill them, then drag them just inside the wood line out of sight and eat them. A fox or any other predator would have got the heck away from there with it's catch. Well yesterday was the day. Some of my chickens were in a clump of bushes around some trees. I saw that dang cat over there close to them. I leaned against something and made about a pretty a head shot as you ever seen. It just slumped over and laid down. I walked up to it and shot it again - in the head. God I love the country life!
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 12:09:31 am »
I don't have many bee colonies, and I don't sell a lot of honey but I figured by the selling of my honey the second year I was breaking even or a little ahead.  That's with buy my bees, jars and part of my extractor and building the rest of it. getting my jars from wally world and labels printed at Office Depot.

I also have a great wife that helps with the extraction.  And a couple of years ago my old tractor needed a new pressure plate($1100)price of part. and you have to take it apart to put it in.  She asked me Wouldn't you like to just buy a newer tractor, bought a 72 hp Massey with a large frontend loader and a metal canopy.  She bought me the 9mm with green dot laser for Christmas, and just got a new Carbon Express Intercept supercoil crossbow and she said you will need some more bolts don't you(it came with 4x32scope, quiver and 3 bolts with 100 and 125 grain field tips) So I did get a dozen more Carbon Express 52113 Maxima 20" bolts and 3 packs of broadheads.   Told you I have a great wife.
Good luck to you all,
Joe D

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2016, 08:11:06 am »
In the book of Proverbs the bible says, "When a man finds a (good) wife, he finds a good thing." My wife is awesome as well. I can't say just how much I appreciate her.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 08:14:00 pm »
In the book of Proverbs the bible says, "When a man finds a (good) wife, he finds a good thing." My wife is awesome as well. I can't say just how much I appreciate her.

sounds like you looking for steak and seafood dinner this weekend with all the sweet talk. :tongue: :wink:

john