Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Our jewelweed isn't even close to blooming, so I doubt yours is.  The question is if your flow is really strong right now or not.  The speed at which the colonies are drawing comb, now that you have stopped feeding, will be a good indicator of that. 
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Swarm Catching
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 02:34:56 pm »
My swarm trap is seeing moderate activity all day today since about 0700 and they're flying all around it, checking out the seam between the boxes and checking out the dimensions. I did put some comb with nectar in there but it wasn't much and the activity doesn't look like robbing but I remain open to the possibility. They aren't just coming and going, they're in, out, walking around, flying around the box.
All I did today was observe and what I saw was my nuc hive coming and going but not bringing in any pollen. They don't look like they've coming in heavy either. What could they be up to? My swarm hive is bringing in yellow pollen but I don't know what it's from. I kind of looks like fuchsia on the pollen chart but I don't know if we have any of that around here. It could also be jewelweed, I've seen stuff that looks kind of like it around but now I have to look closer.
THE CONSTITUTION / Re: 2024 5 27
« Last post by animal on Today at 01:25:02 pm »
suggested title : All devil dogs go to heaven
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Re: Run o' the Mill Jokes
« Last post by animal on Today at 01:18:55 pm »
A guy walks into a bar with a baby seal.

Bartender says "I have just what you need!"

and hands him a Canadian Club.
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / Re: ATF Killed a Man in Arkansas
« Last post by animal on Today at 12:58:54 pm »
Luckily his wife wasn't holding a baby in her arms...

Great dark tag !  :cool:

Actually, Biden didn't sign the rule since the way the utterly screwed up laws surrounding firearms allow the director of ATFE to write rules and regulations on how the law is to be enforced. The biggest problem here is that they have been exceeding their authority and redefining terms within the law to the point of changing the law itself.
The new definition of "engaged in the business" took effect on 4-10-24, after the Malinowski raid.
There has always been a "gray area" between a hobbyist and "engaged in the business" but the line of definition has always been considered to be whether firearms trading/selling was a principal source of income for the seller. That line is what has changed .. to an incredibly strict and nebulous definition.
Malinowski was accused of making straw purchases ... purchasing from a dealer with the intent of transferring to another person. This has been illegal since GCA '68, and what the warrant was based on.

The many and egregious problems with this raid are about how the warrant (and Malinowski) was executed. 

« Last post by FatherMichael on Today at 12:53:50 pm »

Ayup.
« Last post by Michael Bush on Today at 12:18:28 pm »
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / ATF Killed a Man in Arkansas
« Last post by FatherMichael on Today at 12:03:29 pm »
Illegitimate Joe signed a new "rule" recently, which bans the private sale of guns.

Bryan Malinowski sold guns as a vendor at gun shows.  He has no criminal record.

At least 10 ATF agents pursuant to a search warrant under said new "rule" burst into Malinowski's home before sunrise.  They did not wear body cams and taped the Ring doorbell before forcible entry.

The story is that he shot at them and he was shot in the head.

It sounds to me like he was murdered for exercising his constitutional rights.

He had been surveilled and, at a gun show, asked duplicitous questions by a plainclothes officer.

Malinowski was an executive at the Clinton airport at Little Rock.

Mr. Malinowski, did you know about the rule change?

What did you think was happening when someone broke into your house?

Dead men can't testify against the government.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arkansas-airport-executive-killed-shootout-was-investigation-weapons-s-rcna144572
GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF / Re: Halation
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 11:00:13 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Where in San Diego do you live. I lived in San Diego back in the 80s.
Jim Altmiller
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10