Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: MEMES 2024 3 31  (Read 826 times)

Offline Salvo

• Queen Bee
MEMES 2024 3 31
« on: March 31, 2024, 06:10:49 pm »
Just say *I know*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: MEMES 2024 3 31
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 07:37:50 am »
It sucks up the dark.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 09:44:07 am »
I saw a list of questions they were asking various generations.  Here are the questions and my answers:

How old were you the first time you walked somewhere by yourself. 5.  Kindergarten.  Every weekday.  I walked to school for the next 13 years, usually a mile or more, sometimes four miles or more.  Almost always by myself.

How old were you when you learned to cook.  I don't remember but it was scrambled eggs and I had to stand on a stool...

How old were you the first time you babysat.  I don't remember.  I was always kind of responsible for all the younger siblings, but the first time with no one older?  Probably 11 maybe 12.  Probably would have been younger except I had an older sister.

How old were you the first time you fired a gun.  5.  It was a 45 long colt single action.  Beautifully engraved.  I was used to my Shoot'n shell Matell revolver and the real one seemed three times as big and 10 times as heavy.  And then there was the recoil...

How old were you when you got your first gun.  My dad was conservative.  He wouldn't let us have bb guns, so my first gun was a .410.  I was 11 or 12. Most kids I knew had a bb gun by the time they were 5 and a .22 by the time they were 10 and a .30-06 by the time they were 12.  I know kids who had bb gun wars every weekend.  It leaves a distinctive bullseye bruise with a hole in the center.  By High School all the country kids had a shotgun in their rifle rack on their pickup or one in the trunk of their car so they could go pheasant or duck hunting on their way home.

How old were you when you got your first knife.  8.  I haven't been without one in my pocket since except when flying.  Every kid I went to school with had a pocket knife as well and we all had them at school.

On weekends or in the summer we left after breakfast and came home when the street lights came on.

Our main "toy" gun when I was a kid was a 7.62mm Arisaka with the firing pin broke off.  Adults saw us playing with it all the time and only once did anyone ask us about it.  We said our Grandpa gave it to us after he broke off the firing pin.  They just said "ok".  All our games were war.  Cowboys vs Indians, North vs South, Americans vs Germans, Americans vs Japanese, dirt clods, walnuts, toy guns, toy swords...

How much did you play outside.  Unless it was pouring down rain, I was outside.  If it was just sprinkling, I was still outside.

Started working full time when I was 14

I proposed when I was 17

Got married when I was 18

Had five children by the time I was 25

Was a grandpa by the time I was 47

Had 10 grandkids by the time I was 62

My 52nd anniversary is coming up...

My kids didn't grow up too differently.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 10:05:34 am »
How old were you the first time you walked somewhere by yourself. 5.  Kindergarten.  Every weekday.  I walked to school for the next 13 years, usually a mile or more, sometimes four miles or more.  Almost always by myself.
You left out the part how it was uphill both ways. :cool:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 10:10:43 am »
>You left out the part how it was uphill both ways.

Because I was telling the truth... but it was rain, shine, snow, heat.  No where was air conditioned either.  Not church.  Not School.  Eventually all the stores started putting in AC to get people in the stores in the summer.  We would go to the store to cool off.  :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2024, 10:11:55 am »
>You left out the part how it was uphill both ways.

Because I was telling the truth... but it was rain, shine, snow, heat.  No where was air conditioned either.  Not church.  Not School.  Eventually all the stores started putting in AC to get people in the stores in the summer.  We would go to the store to cool off.  :)
I remember when 'Air Conditioned' was an advertising item for motels.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2024, 10:21:12 am »
>I remember when 'Air Conditioned' was an advertising item for motels.

Yes.  And TVs.  All the churches had cardboard fans in the back of the pews with the hymnals.
-------------------

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2024, 12:19:23 pm »
>I remember when 'Air Conditioned' was an advertising item for motels.

Yes.  And TVs.  All the churches had cardboard fans in the back of the pews with the hymnals.

Yes and usually sponsored by a funeral home..
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2024, 12:43:23 pm »
>Yes and usually sponsored by a funeral home..

Yes, you are correct.
-------------------

anything