Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: how long to wait  (Read 6238 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: how long to wait
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 09:34:11 am »
When extracting I generally will leave between 3 to 5 full depth frames (depending if it is early or late in the season) and I have never in 35 years of keeping bees lost a hive due to starvation.
From the above post it is obvious that the management of bees in Australia is very different from America.
Kev
Yes Kev things are very different in America and all over America.
5 deeps is close to one medium so you are not that far off from what I said.  Secondly, what I said is there is no need for a QE to keep the queen out of the honey supers.  Just let them build a honey cap and leave that honey alone.  What is the need to take that honey IF you are a back yarder.  Are you a back yarder?  I think not.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 01:22:17 am »
Hi all just to continue with this thread i have recieved a file from the bee keeper /breeder and it states to place them in position where the hive will be located and leave for 3 hours then to go back and open the front door on the nuc , when i am able to pick them up is 5pm by the time i get home it will be i would say 8 -830pm maybe even later so that means to open the door at around 12pm not gonna happen ! He also states that to leave fr three days then to transfer to brood box in the same order as they are in the nuc so thats what i will do .

Offline Bee North

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 02:44:11 am »
That will work Crispy...
just open it up when you get home, or first thing in the morning.

anything