Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Golden Rod  (Read 4104 times)

Offline paus

• Field Bee
Re: Golden Rod
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »
The bees are finally working the goldenrod heavy.  I have a small aster like low growing plant white dime size blooms they are also working.  Where can you get bills big blue aster seed

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 11:35:19 pm »
I just moved my bees to a friends house who has at least 2 acres of solid golden rod and
Spanish Needle in full bloom one yard away from the hives. He was afraid to allow the bees and it turns out that his wife now wants to keep a hive on his property permanently.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 11:30:31 am »
He was afraid to allow the bees........... What was he afraid of?

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 11:30:48 am »
Our golden rod is starting to fade.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 04:21:51 pm »
BW, same here. Now we got robbing to watch out for. I've lost two very small nucs to robbing.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 06:12:16 pm »
He was afraid to allow the bees........... What was he afraid of?
The unknown. :)
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline UrbisAgricola

• New Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 01:33:32 pm »
I am in southwest Louisiana.  Interesting what someone said above about different varieties liking or not liking lots of rain.  Didn't know that. Anyway, what we have down here likes moist soil.  If the soil is too dry it will bloom like gangbusters but not produce any nectar.  I think that could be what is going on for you folks in NE Texas.  My the same token, you probably all know that a good rain will wash pollen off of the blooms so typically you start getting some new nectar a few days after it rains.
We all do better when we all do better.

anything