Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: FREE "Mighty Mite" Thermal Varroa treatment - FREE to Local Beeks !  (Read 1182 times)

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee

No setup, monitoring, or extension cord needed! :)

Offline rast

• Field Bee
Re: FREE "Mighty Mite" Thermal Varroa treatment - FREE to Local Beeks !
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 08:12:50 am »
Don't you have to rubber band the entrance bees wings to get it to work :cool:?
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 02:10:55 pm »
Ha! No....and there's a huge reduction in brood.

IDK why, but although I usually see a few mites in April/May,  I did NOT see any mites at all this year, nor did my beek friend 7 miles away. 

I can't imagine what you folks go through to douse the little critters with vape and such.  Or to look in your honey and see a mite, eww.  :0

Hope my kind of Florida bees migrate North for others to try treatment free, this has worked 5 years for many of us locally here.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 02:17:36 pm »
I can't imagine what you folks go through to douse the little critters with vape and such.  Or to look in your honey and see a mite, eww.  :0
Yeah, it's a hassle.  But I've never found a mite in honey.  I'm not even sure how that would happen.  It's not like they are walking around in there on their own much, and as long as you strain your honey, you wouldn't get one off of a bee. 

Hope my kind of Florida bees migrate North for others to try treatment free, this has worked 5 years for many of us locally here.
Send 'em my way!  :happy:  I'd like to be treatment free, but with my current genetic strain at least, it doesn't seem viable. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 04:33:53 pm »
Related; You might try the topic: Wanted:Mighty Mite thermal treatment unit started by:
 Squish << on: February 10, 2022, 01:06:45 pm>>

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything