Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pallet Separator  (Read 2110 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Pallet Separator
« on: February 05, 2022, 06:05:28 pm »
Did any of you by chance see the latest video put out by Woolie B's Apiary featuring a special made tool that will dis-assemble a pallet in just minutes? He showed how he breaks down pallets and for use in building bee equipment from the materials gathered. The title is: "Beekeeping on the cheap. Hard wood pallets"

Phillip

« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 07:03:06 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Pallet Separator
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 09:59:53 am »
No, do you have a link?
I have access to a lot of new pallets and I would like to see it.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 10:50:18 am »
No, do you have a link?
I have access to a lot of new pallets and I would like to see it.
Jim Altmiller

https://youtu.be/sNffQBI33Cs
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 10:48:22 am »
Thanks Ben. I will probably make one. The pallets that I can get are all oak.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 10:53:07 am »
It is hard to get a good picture of the tool but here is what I was able to get.

Hope this helps someone else make one.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 10:56:58 am »
That is basically it Jim I am thinking. Looked simple but effective in the video where he was dis-assembling the heat treated pine pallets.

Phillip
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 10:18:30 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 12:34:57 pm »
Pallet buster tools are readily available for those with an extra $50 or $60 and no welder or inclination.
Example.      https://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Pallet-Buster-Yellow-Handle/dp/B07C8CQV35/ref=asc_df_B07C8CQV35?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80195681392091&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795260319923&psc=1
 I have built quite a lot from pallet wood
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 08:34:13 pm »
Rast if a person had the material and equipment to build one of these that would be good. If not it might be much easier to just go ahead on buy one for 54 dollars with free shipping as your post. Regardless, I would have not know of this had it not been for Woolie Bees. Nor would I have known they could be purchased had you not posted this information.
Thanks for posting.

Phillip

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2022, 09:16:40 am »
Hugh, all the trouble I go through to tear down pallets. This is on my list of projects. Easy Peasy.
Thank you for the post.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2022, 11:37:01 am »
Your Welcome Bill

Phillip