Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: UNCENSORED BUD3 VIDEOS  (Read 38973 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: UNCENSORED BUD3 VIDEOS
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2011, 06:43:02 pm »
starve?  never happen.  as a last resort...there is honey  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2011, 01:18:30 am »
Annette, we can see to it that you don't starve to death. If for some reason you run out of food Liz will give you some of Bubba Fet's!  :-D

So is that a yes???

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2011, 06:03:31 pm »
I know you guys will take care of me :-*

I will make every effort to attend next year.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2011, 06:04:02 pm »
Annette, we can see to it that you don't starve to death. If for some reason you run out of food Liz will give you some of Bubba Fet's!  :-D

So is that a yes???

...JP

But what is "Bubba Fets"?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2011, 12:03:16 am »
Liz's pet rabbit.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2011, 12:05:45 am »
 :-D :-D :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2011, 05:18:52 pm »
Finally got a chance to start going through some more footage from Bud3 and thought ya'll might like this angle on the bee log swarm. It's totally raw and unedited.

log swarm @ Bud3.wmv

Bee log by hardwood
Tanging by iddee
Masterful camera work by Ziffa :)
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2011, 06:44:46 pm »
thanks all.  i shared that on FB. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2011, 01:06:51 am »
OH that was so wonderful. What a big swarm and loved the footage of them coming out of the log like that. What great fun you guys had and such a great learning experience.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2011, 01:36:23 pm »
Call me crazy, but I think Iddee was knocking all the bees off the cluster with the sound waves from the bucket banging like a cruise-ship blasts Somalies off the deck of a modern pirate ship. Never seen them fall from a cluster like that before. His method was effective, it was the results that I scratch my head on when I saw then reform into 3 distinct clusters.

I can see where THIS method can come in handy to DISLODGE a queen causing her to retake flight an land in a better opportune place for the beekeeper to catch the swarm, but once landed in a better place, I'd be putting the bucket down.

Cool display of sound in motion.

My mentor SHOWED me sound one time by parking his truck toward an open field with a dense tree line about 800ft away. He said "Want to see my horn?" I didn't quite understand the question, but said "Sure." and thought we were going to get out of the truck...

It was night and lightly raining, he put on his high beams and HELD his horn down for about 3 seconds - the sound went across the field, bounced off the trees and came back a few seconds later and the light rain vibrated before my eyes for the full three seconds - amazing!

And if you don't think Iddee's bucket was loud, if he had aimed it at you, you would have felt it as well as heard it. Iddee, very interesting display indeed.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2011, 03:16:17 pm »
Was that a compliment or complaint?  :?

Of all the many, many  swarms I have ever drummed, "or tanged", I have never seen them fall like that either, so I don't think it was the sound that caused it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2011, 04:55:33 pm »
skinny branch and wind.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2011, 08:49:35 pm »
I knew you'd ask that Iddee -  :-D

It was a compliment indeed, I just was saying that I believe and still do that (whether a skinny branch or not) that the precussion of the drumming (of a bucket) makes a huge sound wave and our little friends would experience a heck of a blast of waves - again IMHO.

The show Shark Tank (wealthy investors looking for unique businesses to put money into) just last night showed a man with a little device that when attached to a waste can, box, almost anything with volumetric space, would turn that item into a loud booming speaker. Look at a bass speaker and feel the air movement when it is cranked up, just examples.

Even the military uses sound device to break up crowds and literally incapacitate people. I think it was cool to see, and watching it again I could almost time the collapse of the cluster to the beat of the bucket - it was something that most of use rarely see done, and again it was pretty bada$$ indeed.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2011, 11:13:43 pm »
scott,  that was some good footage of the bees coming out the log.by the way ,when we went back to buds last week i checked on the speaker bees and they have a new queen and she is laying .bad news is that the log bees that you brought left the log.i told bud they didn't like being brought this far north  that they are heading back your way.    ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2011, 11:17:18 pm »
Yeah I heard from Bud that they left. I'm waiting for a collect call from them asking for bus fare.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything