Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cider's ?safer? gun free home.  (Read 53482 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Cider's ?safer? gun free home.
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2019, 12:18:44 pm »
I couldn't agree more.  So where was the conservatives when Trump handed the top 1% 32 billion dollars that added to this deficit?
Kathyp:

Since revenue is up, the problem must be spending, right? 

You don't have to be that smart to predict what is going to happen in the future.

No you don't, but there is a comparison that should be watched.  China and India.  India has embraced capitalism and done things to make their workers and industry possibilities attractive.  They have a way to go to improve lives in that country, but they are making great strides.

China, on paper has an expanding economy, but the lives of the average person are not much improved in comparison.  They use their people as slave labor, and control wages and just about everything else.

The one economic bright spot in China is Hong Kong.  You note that even though the protests have been going on for a couple of months, the government has been careful to not stomp on it.  They aren't even making that many arrests.  There are a number of reasons, and among them, they do not want the massive mainland population to do the same.  They would have no way to stop it if the uprising became a popular movement on the mainland.

Yes, you can have a thriving economy if you have slave labor.  We did the same in the South.  You can also have a thriving economy if you embrace free trade and markets and make sure your people have the skills to participate.  You don't get "eqality" the second way because participation depends on the will of the people to participate.  You do get opportunity for those who wish to advance. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2019, 08:14:13 pm »
You don't have to be that smart to predict what is going to happen in the future.
Does that upset you? The inevitable will happen. With its larger population, resources and human desire to have what others have, China will have the largest and strongest economy. They have the manufacturing capacity to fulfill its population's demands. But China has its own internal problems.

I am not sure what your message is. Are you bothered that the US is not number one in every category? Should that be our goal?
Are you bothered that the US is not number one in every category? Should that be our goal?

That has long since passed. Instead watch will happen between India and China that is the frightening thing :sad: 
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2019, 08:21:26 pm »
Does that upset you? The inevitable will happen. With its larger population, resources and human desire to have what others have, China will have the largest and strongest economy. They have the manufacturing capacity to fulfill its population's demands. But China has its own internal problems.

I am not sure what your message is. Are you bothered that the US is not number one in every category? Should that be our goal?
Are you bothered that the US is not number one in every category? Should that be our goal?

That has long since passed. Instead watch will happen between India and China that is the frightening thing :sad:

"watch will happen between India and China that is the frightening thing"

Yes good point.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2019, 01:41:38 pm »
What is there to be afraid of?

What we are going to have to deal with is a rise in the standard of living for more and more people around the world competing for shared resources.

Imbalances do not last forever.
Tom

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #284 on: December 02, 2019, 08:16:11 am »
Wealth is not just about resources.  it's about production.  Wealth is not a zero sum game.  Wealth is created by work.  I see no shortage of resources at the present.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin