MEMBER BULLETIN BOARD > GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?

<< < (2/176) > >>

me262:
Well, in my case, I'm a combat aircraft lover.
So I decided to choose the designation of the first operational combat jet of mankind history as an ID, because I consider it a beautifull and amazing aircraft.
The Messerschmitt Me-262 was an important stepstone in aircraft development, and besides the fact that it was one of the aircraft of the evil Nazi, it remains as a great aeronautical engineering achievement.
And don't flame me on this. I do not defend or believe in the ideas of Nazism, but the german engineers of that time sure made some fabulous aircraft.

Cheers

Blackbird:
Me262,
Love your avatar :)

Stacie

me262:

--- Quote from: Blackbird ---Me262,
Love your avatar :)

Stacie
--- End quote ---

That's Thornton, the polar bear, in the Sherman's Lagoon strip.

:P  :P  :P

beefree:
i picked "beefree" as my name here as part of an ongoing bout of silliness between my husband and me.  we started out throwing around ideas for labels for honey jars, and it turned into a poke at some of the mindless "all things in nature must be good, and all things manmade must be bad" preaching we get from various members of our extended family.  (They are mad at me for giving up being a strict vegetarian for 10+ years in favor of flyfishing and hunting elk, deer, pheasant, chukar, and squirrel (hey, i make a mean squirrel paprikash).   Anyway, we thought up a label for BeeFree Honey...this honey was made by happy organic free range honeybees...cage free, hormone free, antibiotic free...etc etc
then we're going to give the family gift baskets with the honey in them for Christmas.  We'll be running a private pool to see how many of them get the joke, and how many congratulate us for our kindness to animals.  (I really do garden organically, they just don't see the consistency in my organic veggie garden, and fishing/hunting for the main course.
beefree

BigRog:
Squirrel Paprikash

Sounds good to me
Why don't you post it at John's Cooking Site?
Here's a handy link to make it easy
http://www.beemaster.com/cookbook/

Bet you find some good recipies there as well
I posted a great Venison stew recipe that would work well with ELK!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version