BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > UK / EUROPEAN BEEKEEPING

Woodpecker problem

<< < (4/5) > >>

danno:

--- Quote from: Jim 134 on March 22, 2014, 09:47:27 am ---
--- Quote from: danno on March 20, 2014, 02:38:52 pm ---There are only 3 birds not protected and they are house sparrows, starlings and pigeons.  All the rest are federally protected

--- End quote ---

you do realize these pictures are taken in Germany. Maybe you cannot even have a gun ??

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)

--- End quote ---
I did not catch that but everyone that said shoot is from the USA

hivebuilder:
they do have guns in Germany and very nice ones too. and Finland and cz-- cant spell but iv got one.

danno:

--- Quote from: hivebuilder on March 24, 2014, 11:15:04 am ---they do have guns in Germany and very nice ones too. and Finland and cz-- cant spell but iv got one.

--- End quote ---
I have a Heckler & Koch and a Colt Sauer  "very nice" indeed

greenbtree:
Hey kathyp,  I'm trying to think of a solution to your swallow problem.  It is my understanding that Gopher snakes will climb into trees to go after birds, maybe a few fake snakes that is brown and speckled like a gopher snake scattered around will help.  Swallows are so darn fast and manuverable I am not even sure they fear owls, but maybe a fake owl.  I have seen just recently, fake Peregrine Falcons like the fake owls.  Considering that Peregrines are the fighter jets of the bird world, maybe that would spook off those swallows.

JC

jayj200:
I suggest hanging those twirling ice sickles

most birds don't like motion and flashes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version