BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > UK / EUROPEAN BEEKEEPING

Woodpecker problem

<< < (3/5) > >>

beesNme:
glad the ribbons worked !!, i know some people use realistic plastic owls to scare some predators away, as well.

danno:
most of you already know this but for the few that dont woodpeckers are federally protected.

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---most of you already know this but for the few that dont woodpeckers are federally protected.
--- End quote ---

i didn't know until i was looking at swallow solutions.  they all fall under the federal migratory bird law.  BS to the max, but there it is.  it's SSS if you do it.

last year i would have suggested some metal strips for the woodpecker, but the other day i went outside and i could hear the sound of loud tapping on metal.  i thought someone was doing some kind of work somewhere.  later, i went out in my own yard and there was a woodpecker sitting on the metal gate drilling away.  since then, i hear him almost every day.  he's either confused, or he just took a liking to the sound.   :-D

danno:
There are only 3 birds not protected and they are house sparrows, starlings and pigeons.  All the rest are federally protected

Jim 134:

--- Quote from: danno on March 20, 2014, 02:38:52 pm ---There are only 3 birds not protected and they are house sparrows, starlings and pigeons.  All the rest are federally protected

--- End quote ---

you do realize these pictures are taken in Germany. Maybe you cannot even have a gun ??

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version