Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mated queens  (Read 3403 times)

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
Mated queens
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:25:51 am »
If anyone is interested I am producing mated queens from my best colonies from last season that wintered well.  I have three queens that are marked and in their third season that are just fantastic.  Every single colony was inspected this season by my state inspector and found to be apparently disease free, apparently free of tracheal mite, shb, and a trace of varroa.  We found 2 mites in all the drone brood we pulled, he was dumbfounded:-)  I will send a copy of certificate with all queens.  Colonies have also originated in an ahb free zone.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline funbee1

• New Bee
Re: Mated queens
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:37:23 am »
Do you have any queens at this time? I need one ASAP. Have a local guy I can have one from in a few days but wanted to try one of your super queens. I just lost a marked three year old queen, everybody was telling me to rear some queens from her but didn't know exactly how, now it's too late.

Scott 810-324-9108

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
Re: Mated queens
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 02:11:36 am »
Ill send you a pm with my number and I will attempt to call you tomorrow.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

anything