Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wax Dipping Woodenware  (Read 24984 times)

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
Re: Wax Dipping Woodenware
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2021, 12:20:42 pm »
It fits! A standard ten frame lang body just barely fits inside my new 85 gallon drum. Went with a more expensive new drum for several reasons, no idea what had previously been in the used one. Plus much closer, would have had to waste a precious day of vacation for the used one. Only had to get up an hour early for this one.

Pic if it shows up...

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2021, 10:06:33 pm »
It fits! A standard ten frame lang body just barely fits inside my new 85 gallon drum. Went with a more expensive new drum for several reasons, no idea what had previously been in the used one. Plus much closer, would have had to waste a precious day of vacation for the used one. Only had to get up an hour early for this one.

Pic if it shows up...

let us know how this works out. Thanks and good luck.
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2021, 11:02:54 pm »

let us know how this works out. Thanks and good luck.

Will do!  In a race to get it finished before I have to use most of my new equipment. (Splitting season...) My e$pensive pollen trap and $nellgrove board are not coming out of there boxes until they go in the dipping tank!

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2021, 10:31:41 pm »
Just ordered my burner. Went with the double jet version with 367,000 BTUs! Feel like Tim Taylor :tongue: Same stand as the KAB6 Live Oak has, so presumably the same over all size. Also ordered two thermometers and a longer hose. Found an authorized dealer for Bayou Classic which seems to have more choices and better prices than Amazon. No free shipping so it may average out...

Wife is on board and wanting it finished ASAP. Just bought three bird houses she wants dipped.