Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Look what I brought home this evening.  (Read 2293 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Look what I brought home this evening.
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:39:45 am »
Judy and I were on our way home from looking at prospective bee removal jobs when we saw what we guessed was a small dog running around in circles on the side of the road in the middle of Osceola National Forest. As we got closer we could see that is was a small spotted fawn. It had one eye lens cut off and the other one had a hole in the iris. Probably done by a crow trying to kill it.
It was really scared and it kept running in circles and into bushes. Finally it ran right into my arms.
It was really scared in the car on the way home but once I got it into the house and started stroking its back, it calmed right down.

We called the sheriffs office and they referred us to the Wildlife Management Office. It is illegal to have a wild animal in your possession with out having permits and training. They had The Arc Wildlife Care And Sanctuary call us and we had to take it to them this evening.
It was really hard to turn it over. It stayed very calm on my lap all the way to the meeting place.
I really wanted to be able to keep this little fawn.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Look what I brought home this evening.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 07:56:14 am »
If you hadn't intervened it would be dead in no time so you can feel good about that.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:30:35 am »
Poor baby!  It?s great that you helped it out, Jim. Like Ace said, it wouldn?t have lasted long out there on its own.
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 04:23:10 pm »
Ace and member are right. It did not have a chance without you and Judy. And just look, it knew right where to turn. Right into your arms. You was this little fawns Savior. Sometimes people are lost and hurt and frightened, running around in circles, needing a savior in whom arms to run into. Thank God, he provided one!  Great job Altmiller family!
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything