BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Tag-along on cutout in SE TX?

(1/2) > >>

AmEricAs:
Hi all,
As you can see, I'm new to the forum. I'm recently semi-retired and want to observe a bee removal or a few to gauge my interest and aptitude for the activity. I say observe rather than help since I guess novices may be of little help in these procedures. If I can be, I'll be happy to do so.

Anyway, is it unheard of for an experienced bee removal professional to allow someone who's interested but inexperienced to tag-along. I'm in SE Texas about an hour drive north of Houston. That is SW of Huntsville, NW of Conroe, SE of Bryan/College Station. Any suggestions on contacts or precautions would be helpful.

Thank you,
Eric

Ben Framed:
Hello AmEricAs, Welcome to Beemaster. Cutouts are the way I obtained my first hives of bees. I educated myself by watching youtube videos of folks doing bee removals / cutouts. By doing so it strengthened my confidence intensely, by observing what was being said and done, when I felt I was ready, I dove right into it. Two of those video folks are members here. One recommended I join Beemaster. Good advice given and taken! Hopefully someone will take you along on that cutout adventure you seek!

AmEricAs:
Thanks Ben. I heard of beemaster from a video by JPthebeeman. My interest has grown as I've watched several dozen of his videos.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: AmEricAs on July 20, 2021, 04:47:51 pm ---Thanks Ben. I heard of beemaster from a video by JPthebeeman. My interest has grown as I've watched several dozen of his videos.

--- End quote ---

JP and Schawee are the ones I was thinking about when I mentioned the two. They are both members here but have not been active in a while. What I did was watch a video listening closely to what was said and then rewind, turning the volume down, zoom in, and watch what they did. Good Stuff! Beemaster2 here is a cutout man as well. He has some good post on the subject here as others have as well.

BeeMaster2:
Eric,
Welcome to Beemaster.
I?m sure someone doing removals would let you join them but I?m sure they would expect you to help.
I was called to just mentor 2 new beekeepers doing a cutout from under an old mobile home. I watched, told them what needed to bee done and let them do it. We all had fun.
Jim Altmiller

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version