BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > UK / EUROPEAN BEEKEEPING

English beekeeper - new to the forum

(1/2) > >>

purplemat:
Hi everyone , I'm from the UK I live on the outskirts of Stafford I've been keeping bees for a year now but have just discovered that my first colony has died over winter   not sure why as they had plenty of Honey left in the hive and were alive around 3 weeks ago when I checked them during a warm spell we we had .... anyway enough of my troubles , I intend to set up a couple of bait hives and buy a new colony this week to be installed in April , I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you all.

Michael86:
Hello purplemat

welcome to the forum :)

tefer2:
Welcome to you.

AllenF:
Welcome to the forum.

cidersabuzzin:

--- Quote from: purplemat on April 09, 2013, 06:14:15 am ---Hi everyone , I'm from the UK I live on the outskirts of Stafford I've been keeping bees for a year now but have just discovered that my first colony has died over winter   not sure why as they had plenty of Honey left in the hive and were alive around 3 weeks ago when I checked them during a warm spell we we had .... anyway enough of my troubles , I intend to set up a couple of bait hives and buy a new colony this week to be installed in April , I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you all.

--- End quote ---

Hi  Purple Mat
Welcome to this section of the forum, as to your loss are you a member of any association? if not I recomend you do. Once you do there will be a wealth of experience to tap into, also there could be the chance of a swarm in season. Undoubtably you have explored the rest of it......I highly reccomend the 'coffee house' cheers you  up no end when you feel down!  :)
Regards
cider

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version