MEMBER BULLETIN BOARD > VIDEO, VOICE and TEXT CHAT HERE.

VIDEO CHAT has become the RAGE at BEEMASTER FORUMS - Let's Talk!

<< < (2/3) > >>

winenutguy:
I could see video but could not get sound.  Just an FYI.  Winenutguy.

beemaster:
There are speaker controls on the USER (you) interface, I ran a check this morning and all the videos had working audio - I also have added 12 more BEEKEEPING videos to the ARCHIVE, so as we go we will have MORE and MORE beekeeping videos and even some messages from the members recorded to play in cue, sort of a this is BLANK member, with a short intro about them.

We can record LIVE video for play back any time, it really is a great great program.

The HELP MODE is a little lacking, I assume there is a webpage with all the FAQs and I haven't seen it yet, but as we get better at using it, the 24 hour BEEMASTER TV will be a wonderful place to visit to learn the way ppeople around the world keep bees :)

I think I have an answer to the ECCO/REVERB issue between Ventrilo Chatters and LIVE TV from Beemaster TV, we'll try it out tonight :)

Thanks again to NATE for introducing us to this wonderful CAM/TV broadcast site - which host THOUSANDS of TV STATIONS around the world. We are a small startup station, but I know that between archived how-to videos and live TV broadcast and of course text chatting, we'll all have fun.

This coming week will be BEEMASTER TV week listed on the calendar, a time for members any time day or night to check out the feed whether live or recorded. And soon, we'll have this mastered and it will have all the look and feel of a quality local access channel - lol.

If nothing else, I hope those who enjoy TEXT CHATTING get out there and come in the chatroom - you can do you texting while seeing members of the forum in the comfort of their homes, or those lucky enough to have portable access with laptops, see what their beeyards look like, and hopefully get to see hive inspections, and I'm really looking forward to GUESTS who can setup things like insemination, grafting, queen marking, etc. We strive for education and always seek fun and fellowship. Seriously, how can you fail if you always aim for greatness :) we have a wonderful team and members (already near a dozen) who have or are getting cams to let the rest of us into their lives, that really says tons about our members, my hat is off to all of you.

So back to learning about Beemaster TV - here again is the link, play with the audio speaker, try full screen, use the chat, get familiar with the features of the users and IF you have cam access or it sounds interesting to you, keep in mind once you have a cam online, you get into the production part of the channel and can help create and produce the look of the show and subtitles, adjust sound etc.

Mainly though, when on cam - I want those on cam to be able to talk to the text chatters, not have it a silent movie or have the on-air talent have to text back. Having the on-air person talking to the text chatter speeds up things and makes it so much more realistic to all. We are all learning now, but it basically is a simple program with tons of features, so the curve should be rather short to master. I'm really thinking it will be the ULTIMATE in a TV CHANNEL 24 hours a day aimed at beekeepers - that is a very realistic goal and something we are proud to be at the frontline of offering it to members and guests.

johnnybigfish:
You're right John!!
 And this is really a cool deal!
 And thanks Nate for coming into the forums and making this go!
your friend,
john

Irwin:
You go nate and Thank's to all :-D

beemaster:
Irwin:

I get a jolly everytime I see your avatar and enjoy hearing you in Ventrilo chat so much.

You remind me so much of a friend I had younger in life who died way to young, we had not been close in the latter years in his life but I heard from a mutua friend he died at 50 years age. Being 50 myself and going through a real health scare here had me thinking of him a lot.

I was glad to see that you gave the Beemaster TV a try, seeing others on cam live is exciting and really paints the final picture of who is who in our group of Ventrilo Chatters and shows a bunch of older men having the fun of a yard full of kids, carrying around their computers and cams, touring their homes and property, seeing them at work and just seeing kids getting to be kids.

Literally I have had the cam setup and had 5 or 6 members sitting at the dinner table with me and my wife, having a symbolic dinner with the members was a great moment in a small way - seeing Buzzbee's Ammish neighbors riding horse carriages and hauling hay around live on his cam was super cool and JUST to be LIVE with someone else SHARING that moment, we are lucky people and need to spread the word here.

Beemaster TV has 2 channels now, allowing us to have two members on cam just by opening two browser windows - now as we evolve, we can have all members create their own studio cam, and bookmark their station addy and literally have many many cams open at once (I know it is a bit of a bandwidth hog, but the technology is there and THAT is what is important)

So we grow, Nate has come to the for-front and found us a Broadcast format that is FREE and reguires NO PROGRAM DOWNLOADING for the members to join in and watch the cams. Downloading has been a trouble with ventrilo, many people just don't like downloading, installing and setting up software on their computers. Others don't like hearing their own voices over the computer and we all understand those issues.

But finally, we have just a link to click on and you get to see the cams, hear them as well when we open the mics (for those who don't know, we still choose to use Ventrilo Voice Chat for audio needs - it is just the best there is) and we silence the mic in the TV station cam rooms. Unless of course we have GUESTS (which we will) doing grafting, insemination, observation hives, building frames, showing us LIVE interesting beekeeping techniques.

There is a future in this and we will make the best of it, we'd like to see dozens and dozens of members take advantage of this simple click and run free LIVE and Streaming TV station we now have. When not live on cam we have many (and soon hundreds) of beekeeping videos from around the world to stream 24 hours a day, so new and learning members can see examples of beekeeping from around the planet at anytime.

NOTE: The videos in our library of videos that stream are ALSO ON-DEMAND, that is right, you can drop down a list from all the available movies and see JUST the ones you want! I really think it is the sharpest feature we have had SINCE the upgrade to this SMF forum software that we use today.

LASTLY, I mention this for those of you who follow such things. When searching a major search engine, we dropped a spot when searching Beekeeping Forums, this has nothing to do with membership or activity or features, any compietition out there can't hold a candle to the features we offer our members - what has happened is that the other major forum added ADVERTIZING using GOOOOGLE ADs on their pages, a sure fire way to get more hits and also a way to bring income to the forum.

But It is a goal of ours, from dy one and for always to be FREE of ADS, we don't want to be beholden to or by anyone except the membership. Our placement in search engines is important, it helps people find us, but it isn't everything and it not going to be part of our forum, you will always have the ability to come here and NOT be subjected to ads from Google or any beekeeping supply company, etc. These forums are for and by the members and we do not need to bow to the pressure of advertizing to pay the few bills that our forum generates.

I will finish by saying the cost of our forums is minimal, thanks to our wonderful host Zunibee.com who gives us ulimited room to grow on his servers. The only reoccuring costs is forum domain name registration, Ventrilo chat server hosting (which is very fair being the most used annexed feature we have, honestly it is a bargain at three times the price) and everything else has little to no cost. Hosting a site isn't free, costs do creap up from time to time, but NOTHING could cause us to go commerial advertizing - That is just a promise from me to you all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version