Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "Rumbling" sound coming from hive  (Read 3896 times)

djgriggs

Re: "Rumbling" sound coming from hive
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 09:31:36 pm »
reading this was very helpful,, wish I would have read this a week ago  :angry: :tongue:,, had 3 splits.. One I seen the Queen, the other 2 did not see a queen but did see 2,3,7 eggs to a cell. This went on for about two weeks so I decided to consolidate one of these boxes with the box that had a queen.. Went back to the box a week after merging and did could not find the queen that was there a week ago. I left the 3 split alone.

Now I wonder if there was something there and I just missed it and it killed my original queen..

This passed weekend I decided to feed and then leave alone for a least a week or two.. . Your thoughts Please

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 10:20:22 pm »
If there were 7 eggs in a cell, I'm guessing some were stuck to the sides, not the bottom. If so, it was a worker, not a queen. The most I have ever seen a queen lay in a cell is 3 or 4. They were all in the bottom.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 09:38:16 am »
If there were 7 eggs in a cell, I'm guessing some were stuck to the sides, not the bottom. If so, it was a worker, not a queen. The most I have ever seen a queen lay in a cell is 3 or 4. They were all in the bottom.
Same here.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Duane

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 09:51:28 pm »
Must have been a new queen.  I seek worker brood, not drone, and no longer multiple eggs.  So, guess I must have missed a swarm.  Still, a lot of bees!

anything