Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dousing  (Read 5521 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Dousing
« on: July 03, 2018, 10:58:23 am »
I am opening up this thread for dousing and copied a response from Troutdog. Troutdog (Tom) is an expert on dousing, he has been doing it for over 30 years.
Troutdog
The magnetic lines are about 9 ft apart in NY. Further south further apart. They always run west to east and south to north.
Other ionic flows occur at fault lines or underground streams and can go in any direction.
The magnetic lines are called Hartmann lines with a secondary 45 degree less strong line called Curry lines.
A swarm generally collects itself in a crossing of any of the above.
Placing hives on the Hartmann lines somewhat helps with varroa, and overall health.
Cheers
Tom

Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline paus

• Field Bee
Re: Dousing
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:27:12 am »
OK you have my curiosity wide awake.  Do you use a gaussmeter or dousing sticks. How do you determine where the gauss lines occur, do they move, with the seasons,or indiscriminately,  ETE ETC.  Are these lines useful for beekeepers, if so HOW and why?  And on and on.  How about a seminar on this subject. 

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 02:17:09 pm »
Tri field meters not sensitive enough.
You need a meter that measures in milligauss.
Magnetic field off lines is .5 mg
On line 2mg or stronger
North pole stronger equator less.

I'm very lucky to have worked with a mineral company that did 3d scans of the surface down to about 7 thousand ft.
I was the guy who told em where to scan. It was pretty neat getting real confirmation on the dowsing.
If you look closely at the bees they are an antenna system measuring heat light and radiation. Magnetic fields are a radiation of sorts.
Dowsing when done correctly allows us to find what we might sense but atrophied skill makes think we cant.
A whole seminar? Not sure about that. Maybe off season.
I'll do a few videos on how I use the rods in the apiaries..
I'll ask someone you know and respect to verify the vids so we can eliminate that scepticism.

I have found it most useful for disease, mating yard and overall health. Placement of hives as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 02:33:39 pm »
Paus,
Tom did dousing training at BeeFest 2018. It was really interesting. Hopefully he will do another one at BeeFest 2019. What do you say Tom?
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 02:51:15 pm »
I have several hives near or on pipelines and power line ROW, how does this affect the hive? 

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 03:35:35 pm »
I have never heard of geomagnetic dowsing, only water divining.  This is a fascinating subject.  I couldn't come to a seminar, but I'd certainly listen to one, or read a transcript or something, and I'd definitely watch videos.  I was trying to find John Harding's original thesis "Geomagnetic Honey Bee", but the link to the PDF was broken.  I just did a quick google of the subject looking for more info and it seems hard to separate this subject of Ley Lines and such from the healing energy crowd.  Do you know if any scientific studies have been done on this subject?  I ask purely out of curiosity and NOT because I'm implying your information is less credible or anything, Troutdog.  Quote unquote "real science" is sometimes totally bogus.  I was just curious to find some research-type information on the subject.       
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 03:47:34 pm »
Rob,
During BeeFest 2018 you did a video of Tom?s dousing lesson. Is it possible to post it now?
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 08:34:29 pm »
Jim,

Is this the same as Ley Lines? I've read a little about it and find it fascinating.
Neill

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 09:07:44 pm »
Jim,

Is this the same as Ley Lines? I've read a little about it and find it fascinating.
Herb,
As far as I know , no. Tom is the expert. He would know for sure.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 03:13:28 am »
Effect is negative esp transformers and lines
Think of it as smog making navigation harder. Cellular metabolism interferes with, no studies on bees but lots on humans.... not good.
Pipes create energy line blocks
Thus adding to stray voltage st surface.

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 03:14:48 am »
Lei lines quite different than Hartmann grid I referred to.

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 03:18:49 am »
I have never heard of geomagnetic dowsing, only water divining.  This is a fascinating subject.  I couldn't come to a seminar, but I'd certainly listen to one, or read a transcript or something, and I'd definitely watch videos.  I was trying to find John Harding's original thesis "Geomagnetic Honey Bee", but the link to the PDF was broken.  I just did a quick google of the subject looking for more info and it seems hard to separate this subject of Ley Lines and such from the healing energy crowd.  Do you know if any scientific studies have been done on this subject?  I ask purely out of curiosity and NOT because I'm implying your information is less credible or anything, Troutdog.  Quote unquote "real science" is sometimes totally bogus.  I was just curious to find some research-type information on the subject.     
Harding talks about it in his book
He's not much or shall I say a new comer to dowsing. Not really equipped to address the bigger picture so his work is vague and has some serious flaws. Yet conceptually he is right on. I'm sure he's quite a bit better this many years after he wrote the book prematurely.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 02:17:41 pm »
Harding talks about it in his book
He's not much or shall I say a new comer to dowsing. Not really equipped to address the bigger picture so his work is vague and has some serious flaws. Yet conceptually he is right on. I'm sure he's quite a bit better this many years after he wrote the book prematurely.
That doesn't really surprise me.  Most of the references or posts on other forums that were discussing his book were fairly old, so I figured there had to be some sort of arguability to his writings or it would have taken off better than it seemed to have. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 06:09:09 pm »
"That doesn't really surprise me"

mmmm.. not all Authors pump up their babies through persistent
reference/exposure. Some, nay many, just dump it out there to
survive on it's own.
Why I am not surprised is down to knowing these things (topic)
are similar in structure to the builds archeolgists compose for us
around ancient times, conjecture astrotheroists pad "black hole"
scenarios with, or if you like a group of authors - directing much the
same individual speculations in collusion - publish one
huuuuge story book thousands of years after the supposed fact.
All make for great reading, for some, being built around anchoring
facts/events, but have little to none connection with evolving
realities for the masses despite the bonding of "true belivers" in
pumping a theoretical to whatever audience.
Who can say "Nostredaaaahmus"????

Possibly not related - to topic -  but I can and have found water using
divining 'wires'.... in a pipe a few feet under grass, but would I go rent
a $300/hr drill rig to sink a borehole based on my twitches..?.. I don't
reckon so. :smiles:

Bill

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 06:23:28 pm »
He is a good man. He went over the top when they showed him how to dowse
He wrote a book and claimed a lot and the Brits railed him. He asked for it in a way, but he was soooo into it. To this day he has not treated for mites since using the grid lines. He has quite good stock according to my sources and is quite a good beekeeper running about 200 plus in Ireland which is not an easy place to run hives.
I have his book and I reccomend it highly in spite of a few things.

I just made a video for you folks posting it now. Un edited uncut and one he'll of a weed problem at the yard I was in. Lol enjoy
I'll post link when upload is done.

He is a quiet guy and that set him back into seclusion

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 06:31:20 pm »
I worked for largest well drilling company on east coast for 2 yrs.
I got sent in when the hydrologists failed.
80 Percent success, way better than hydrologist.
The mining company was amazing their rig was 10k a day talk about sweating bullets and second guessing your self.
Not braggin just saying it's really not witchy woohoo if your level headed and practise. Lots of pure crap around the topic I agree.......why i left the organization ASD myself.
Anyway it works for me and my bees. Saves me time and can help diagnose situations.

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 06:46:04 pm »
Here's the u tube private link for today's video on dowsing fir beekers.

https://youtu.be/3ul18l8S5XA

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 07:54:07 pm »
Trout, I have little knowledge other than basic of magnetic fields.  This is where I get confused: basic physics; for every electric field there is an opposite but opposing magnetic field.  Ok simple enough, this is how electric motors work.  Now I walk through my house and there are electric wires everywhere, in each room, each with a magnetic field although minor but probably strong enough to alter a dousing Tool.  I don?t know what effect if any all these magnetic fields have.

Could you elucidate for me.  Thanks for your previous post offering knowledge.
Blessings

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 08:01:03 pm »
Tom,
The link is not working. I am really interested in seeing it. I glad you put Part 1. Looking forward to seeing the future parts.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2018, 08:51:18 pm »
Jim, the linked worked fine for me at about 5:00 pm this day, only hours ago.

anything