Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Defiance on SyFy  (Read 5386 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Defiance on SyFy
« on: April 19, 2013, 12:34:40 am »
i kind of like the show.  maybe one of the reasons is that i Beta tested the game on the PC and Xbox 360.  the game and the show go well together.  seems they have done a pretty good job with the characters in the show and if you are playing the game, so much the better.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Defiance on SyFy
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 12:05:54 pm »
Just finished watching the pilot, interesting show. A little confusing to follow the tribes and bloodlines, but that will come as character develop.

I thought the giant "Bejeweled" game to setup the blast weapon was cool. I didn't watch this in HD though, I think I'll rewatch it because it surely is made for HD.

I see they made 13 episodes (IMDB) and this is the kind of show Scy-fy needs - a good step in filling the StarGate series. I think I'll like it from the pilot, I think a lot of the pressure is off with original series on cable; this show in a loose way reminds me of Revolution and if Defiance was on NBC it may not do as well. Scy-Fy has done a really good job at bring series to our TVs and this looks like another good one.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Kathy.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:22:36 pm »
I saw it and like it.  They did pile in too many different aliens and human groups.  

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:17:56 am »
i am really enjoying this show.  it's easily up there with falling skies.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 11:23:22 pm »
I like this show also and do not miss an episode.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 12:29:55 am »
have you tried the game?  i have not played it since the beta test.  it was fun on the console.  didn't enjoy it as much on the PC, but i'm not a PC gamer except a little WOW.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 10:14:05 pm »
back on this week.  the 19th!

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »
The game is now free and not bad.  on the PC I have been playing with Xbox clone controller and it works fine.  most of the MMO...whatever games require keyboard and that's fine, but if you play more than one, you die a lot remembering the controls for the one you are playing.

anyway, if you want a not bad free game, this might be it.  better than the free version of Rift, I think.

anything