Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Should have waited  (Read 990 times)

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
Should have waited
« on: February 20, 2020, 09:02:18 pm »
Little back story had a injury at work mid November which resulted in surgery and my wife has been tending the bees and did a wonderful job with winter build up. Was just cleared to return to light duty and lifting  so with my wife?s help we made some splits. They Are doing great I had a 5 over 5 nuc from a fall split that is just jamming and was going to put them in a 10 frame and split but with my new work schedule I was going to do this last night just before 530 should have enough time( famous last words.) they were jammed pack ( no swarm cells) but jammed and started to get really bumpy took a couple stings then the banana smell got them in the 10 frame and put a med on top. Got done and thought to my self rushing and keeping bees is not my thing.  Knew better but time is short this week but the bees won?t wait. With the brood pattern I saw I hope in all my rushing I didn?t roll the queen. I?m gonna let it  sit and do a full inspection next week.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: Should have waited
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 09:31:33 pm »
 :grin: It's that time of year - non of us can wait!  :grin: :cheesy: :cheesy:

My buddy always says "you enjoy your bees - more than they enjoy you".  :grin:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Re: Should have waited
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 09:48:51 pm »
Honeybees are just fun.  Like Cool said, we are all anxious.  I am still waiting on warm weather.  Typical February it is in Arkansas, mid forties the high most days.  So I wait and read about Cool and you Florida Beeks with envy.  Having fun aren?t ya!!??  Soon for me and my bees;  the wait just makes the reward that much better.  By April, I?ll be having so much fun I won?t know what to do with all my Happiness.  So I?ll probably say a lil Prayer.
Health to your bees.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

anything