Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: D:\ is not a valid win32 application eror!  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
D:\ is not a valid win32 application eror!
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:42:48 am »
This is just an FYI that I found out yesterday. If anyone has a Liteon DVD/CD burner and it came with Nero you might get the above error. I had a problem where I could not load any games that come on a DVD. The In/CD with Nero was blocking the autorun and setup. The error said d:\ is not a vlaid win 32 application. I unistalled Nero and everything worked great.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: D:\ is not a valid win32 application eror!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:22:57 am »
i have run Nero on a couple of machines.  what OS are you using?  guessing XP?  did you set up your own computer?  do you know how to tweak your BIOS, or how to mess with the device manager?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:57:42 pm »
I do have XP. I built my own computer awhile ago. It is 2.2 ghz, 2 gig ram, nividia 7900 gt 256mb video card, and a raptor hard drive. I have another software program that I use to burn dvd and cd. I thought if it came with the burner I might as well install it. Never again. Im not the greates whe it comes to device manager but I think Im ok working with the BIOS.

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:47 pm »
You can change the Drive letter of your DVDRW in the disk management section.  Sometimes a new application reassigns the drive letter to say e:\ .  I have used Nero for a while now.  Its the only DVD software that will burn M$ isos from the MSDNAA site without a hitch.  My students use it all the time and our lab has Lite-On DVDRWs.  Good luck.

David

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 08:53:19 pm »
you can do as dpence said.  sometime you can delete the drive in the device manager and let the computer find it again.  sometimes you can change the drive sequence in BIOS and that works.  i like the program also, but if you are happy with what you have, it may not be worth messing with it.  i just hate it when something doesn't work and i usually do an all nighter fixing things like that.  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything