Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees cut out from under power meter.  (Read 2028 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Bees cut out from under power meter.
« on: May 18, 2018, 04:34:24 pm »
Here are some pictures from a cut out John and I did this past Wednesday

Continued
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bees cut out from under power meter.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:41:57 pm »
More pictures.

This is a stucko house. I just used a knife to cut the box open. All I had was a serrated knife. I wish I had had one of the box cutters with the knife that extends out and the end breaks off. I could have cut it better/straighter.

Continued
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 04:47:26 pm »
And we found the queen. She was just about the last bee in the hive after every piece of comb was removed. When I first saw her, she had just exited the hive under the meter. I could not pick her up in that narrow area until she crawled around to the right side of the meter panel.

And here is a photo of John.

Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 06:14:53 pm »
Nice, neat job. Congrats.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 06:50:17 pm »
When I was finished I just put the piece back on and put 4 screws on it. You could hardly tell I cut it out. My bet is they will not bother to have it re stuccoed.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 09:40:24 pm »
If it were mine, I wouldn't. If you didn't seal around the pipe at the top, there will be another swarm there next year. You can just remove the screws.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*