Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What people are watching....  (Read 7011 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
What people are watching....
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:55:02 am »
No wonder my shows keep getting canceled, I watch the wrong stuff. Must be my brain injury from 20 years ago...

I never watch these shows

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080326/ap_en_tv/nielsens

The return of "Dancing With the Stars" last week gave a boost to ABC, which has been struggling through a tough winter. The competition's two editions last week were second in viewership behind television's dominant show, "American Idol," according to Nielsen Media Research.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: What people are watching....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:04:51 pm »
Dirty Jobs
Mythbusters
History Channel for a variety of documentaries
IFC
Sundance channel
Battlestar Galatica
Doctor Who
Torchwood
MI-5
Chiller TV if it is a decent horror movie
Best Week Ever
Real Time w/ Bill Maher
60 Minutes
Nova
Intervention
Biography
Law and Order
CSI

The wife watches and I guess I do by proxy'
Jericho (ugh)
Lost (double ugh!)
Flip this/that house

Thank goodness I have a dvd player on my laptop. And bit torrent is my friend.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:46:02 am »
I watch my computer monitor - not tv.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 09:14:02 am »
I will watch any show that has ducks in it. Ducks swimming, playing, especially when they're being prepared, ala Whoppo style, don't forget the real butter and sweet onions, don't you dare!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 02:03:50 am »
Heck can't say much i got turned onto a HBO Series Lucky Louie one season and down the drain.  I guess if something isn't politically correct it gets cut.   :(  Maybe one day it will come back until then at least i can hear Lil' Jimmy Norton on Opie and Anthony during the week.
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 11:40:21 am »
We have no cable here in the boonies, and Satelite wont work unless we cut down the sugar amples.. so network TV it is :) This season I am watching Fringe, Kitchen Nightmares, Bones, House, and reruns of Seinfeld and 2.5 men.

I haven't made up my mind on Fringe yet, I like the crazy old scientist and the cow. The rest are just habit...

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:51:57 am »
I recently got season 1 & 2 of Weeds. I really think that is pretty good. I have been watching Dexter and find it amusing that my sympathies go to serial killer. But he is a nice guy, really, he is. :)

I watched Dr. Horrible and thought it was just the best.

I have been catching Burn Notice which is also been enjoyable. The Terminator TV series is also not to shabby (<3 Summer Glau)

Hulu.com is great for watching TV

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:08:31 pm »
Dexter is the best, such a lovable monster he is, & saving the taxpayers big $$'s! D/with the stars..hunky Maksim is back, :roll: Dirty S Money(has the other brother from 6ft Under), Brothers & Sisters, 2.5Men, Boston Legal, Dr.G, CSIMiami, Grey's Anatomy.  Am waiting for Big Love & Tudors to come back! :-D J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 12:37:24 pm »
Dexter is the best, such a lovable monster he is, & saving the taxpayers big $$'s! D/with the stars..hunky Maksim is back, :roll: Dirty S Money(has the other brother from 6ft Under), Brothers & Sisters, 2.5Men, Boston Legal, Dr.G, CSIMiami, Grey's Anatomy.  Am waiting for Big Love & Tudors to come back! :-D J

My wife is going nuts waiting for the return of Big Love.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 07:22:53 pm »
I watched a few episodes of torchwood cuz Big Jim and debra recommended it to me...It was pretty cool until the night i talked my son into watching it. Before i knew it two guys were dancing...Then holding hands!...Then the two guys  were KISSING!! :-P.... SOooo....I figured it was just a wierd thing. My son Bailed as soon as that stuff started!...I went back to work and mentioned to Jim and Debra what i saw and they both Freaked too!...They both were surprised, but debra watched a couple more episodes until the show continued to show this kind of thing on the next episodes she watched...She jumped ship too.
 BBC has stuff like this I dont watch...But, I really crack up when i watch "Absolutely Fabulous"..The blonde is HOT!...Disgusting, but HOT! :-D

your friend,
john

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 07:29:53 pm »
I watched a few episodes of torchwood cuz Big Jim and debra recommended it to me...It was pretty cool until the night i talked my son into watching it. Before i knew it two guys were dancing...Then holding hands!...Then the two guys  were KISSING!! :-P.... SOooo....I figured it was just a wierd thing. My son Bailed as soon as that stuff started!...I went back to work and mentioned to Jim and Debra what i saw and they both Freaked too!...They both were surprised, but debra watched a couple more episodes until the show continued to show this kind of thing on the next episodes she watched...She jumped ship too.
 BBC has stuff like this I dont watch...But, I really crack up when i watch "Absolutely Fabulous"..The blonde is HOT!...Disgusting, but HOT! :-D

your friend,
john
Torchwood is great I did even mind the two guys kissing because it was so darn funny. My wife is a huge James Marsters fan since he played Spike. So she was cheering just because Spike was in it.

The BBC usually puts out some good shows. Ab Fab was incredible. The drugs, the drinking, the attitudes. All deplorable and I loved every minute of it.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 07:47:19 pm »
torchwood was great until it went gay.  it added nothing to the story and was inappropriately graphic for children.  i hope when-if they bring the show back, they will leave that bit out. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 08:24:23 pm »
 lately theres been scary movies on that i've been checking out since its almost halloween.
 Sometimes though, newer scary movies like the "Saw" movies are starting to bother something in my mind and I get a "sickish feeling" going on. Demon movies always did freak me out since after i saw the excorcist( 3 nites in a row), but I only really watched it on the last nite...for weeks i thought I was gonna see a demon looking at me in my rear view mirror!!
Theres a show I kinda like where it shows things happens in just seconds and sometimes in time lapse photography,
RESOX are over for the season so now I have to explore TV all over again!

your friend,
john

anything