Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Welcome to the 2nd Amendment Room  (Read 46159 times)

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: Welcome to the 2nd Amendment Room
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2015, 07:26:08 am »
Un
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline NeilTheCop

• House Bee
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2015, 11:55:19 am »
Yes, well, how about the way they are taking guns away when a person is ACCUSED of domestic violence.  Not convicted, just accused.  This is by order of a judge, often if not usually a civil court judge who may or may not be fully informed of protections provided in criminal law.

It's not so much the taking away aspect more of the prohibited from owning a gun.
If the 2nd Amendment is a right then that right is inalienable, if someone, somewhere says you lose that right by being a felon, well it means it was never a right in the first place :oops:
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 06:46:33 pm »
So now, Iddee (okay, seniors) are too old to possess firearms? Seems like that's what Obama is going for next, taking weapons from the people who most likely need them the most in home protection. Remove the threat of someone hurting themselves, or having a weapon strong-armed away are just two of this feeble minded president's ways to cut away at our Right to Arms: of course Obama's idea of the word RIGHT differs from anyone else's - even others on the extreme left.

I'm just curious, do we next add physically challenged adults, single mothers, registered Republicans, where does it stop - his gun banning rhetoric is no different than book banning, open the door and the house of cards fall. I saw at the Huff Post the other day there are now 31 Republican candidates and growing - if the people can't get behind one of them, we deserve Hillary.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2015, 12:24:20 pm »
My Grandfather never harmed or threatened anyone with his guns.  But that's because they didn't try to take them away from him... if they had attempted it, that would have resulted in bloodshed, I'm afraid.  If they intent is to prevent bloodshed, trying to disarm old people is not the way to accomplish it...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline NeilTheCop

• House Bee
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2015, 08:55:39 pm »
"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

Ted Nugent

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2015, 10:10:27 am »
I suppose this is all being done in response to the recent outbreak of violence by people over 80.  I mean how many times does some demented 85 year old have to shoot someone before we act on this!!! ;)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2015, 10:21:48 am »
Thank goodness I'm only 79!  I can keep my guns another year!  But I can keep my driver's license till I die. :cool:
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline NeilTheCop

• House Bee
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2015, 01:11:46 pm »
I suppose this is all being done in response to the recent outbreak of violence by people over 80.  I mean how many times does some demented 85 year old have to shoot someone before we act on this!!! ;)

George Weller was 86 when he went crazy and drove his Buick through the Santa Monica street market, killing 10 and injuring 64.
But Buick's are still readily available even without a background check :shocked:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2015, 04:39:21 pm »
>But Buick's are still readily available even without a background check

He had a driver's license, so we know he was a safe driver...  It's a good thing we require a license...
-------------------

Offline NeilTheCop

• House Bee
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2015, 02:06:24 pm »
And here in New Mexico we give anyone a drivers license, despite being unable to check their background.

http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-immigration-reform-debate-illegal-immigrant-drivers-licenses-law-new-mexico-1806012

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2015, 08:48:45 pm »
Here we do an automatic voter registration.  We are special.  For awhile, we had to show proof of legal residency.  SSN, or BC, green card, etc.  I couldn't even use my military ID.  had to go home and fine my BC.  The DMV emptied out when that was in place.  Now they have relaxed the rules again and anybody can get a licence. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Arnie

• New Bee
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2015, 10:04:44 pm »
I love this! A beekeeping forum with a 2nd amendment sub-forum. Awesome!

For all you folks from other countries who don't understand why Americans love guns so much...........There's no need to understand. We're different, that's it.

If you guys/gals don't like guns,,,, fine.

For you Brits, here's a little read.
http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2012/8/23/the-hession-rifle/

Personally, I would rather have the choice to either own or not own guns. I like choices.

Now excuse me while I read about bees and hunt for the cigar and coffee sub-forums.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2015, 11:37:21 pm »
The article on the Hession rifle is awesome.  Thanks, Arnie.  What is your location? 

Gary ( NRA endowment member)
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2015, 06:15:41 am »
Great article Arney, thanks for sharing.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2015, 10:59:09 am »
I agree, thats a good article! TY For sharing that...

IF... it were possible to remove ALL guns from the world, including those owned by police and government, I would be accepting of that..  However, it is not possible to "rid" the world of guns. It will ALWAYS be possible for a criminal to buy/steal or MAKE a firearm. Which means, there will always be the chance for me to be threatened by that firearm..    I already exceed the age of 50, and can no longer manage to stand toe to toe with my 27 year old son (who is an American soldier) and as the years pass, this will only become worse.
   My wife, is no longer the stunning vision of beauty she once was, but somehow, I have found that I love her more than I did when I married her. We are both falling to age and comfort, and as I said it will only get worse, and this is how it should be! Its called contentment... 
   The one thing I know, is that if my door is kicked in by one or more younglings in their 20's or 30's. I cannot grab my walking stick and drive them out..  Nor, would I want to take the risk that I could do it.. my wifes safety stands on the line, and for her? Yes, I will pick up my gun, and i will blow those younglings right back out the way they came in, and I will NOT regret it in the least..  I am not saying it will not effect me, hurt me, disturb me etc...  I am saying I will not now or ever take the chance/risk that they will harm her in order to get the safe opened so they can take my coins or money.   Why dont I use a bank?  Because our govt is printing money on an unprecedented scale, and we ARE going to lose the reserve currency status, and we are going to hit rock bottom fast..  what is in that safe mans I might be able to survive in some small measure of comfort until we start to rebound...  ANYHOW;
   It remains, that ALL guns cannot EVER, be removed, never, ever, ever, it is a physical impossibility.
   SO...  when the govt comes to take my guns, I will stand, and die with those resisting them..
   IF.... they manage to do it sneaky like, and take the few guns I have.. the very next day I will be standing in front of my lathe and milling machines replacing at least one of those firearms..  I will ALWAYS BE ARMED. And protecting the old gal I married, along with the things we need to continue to LIVE, means I am willing to face the repercussions, if I do have to use that firearm.
   I would rather be dead, than be helpless while someone hurt the woman I love.
   "My woman? Well, she can shoot near as good as I can. I am betting she will be standing right beside me. Shes a tough old bird, and God help me, but I do love every wrinkle on her old skin.

MY RIGHT to bear arms Shall not be infringed.  If it ever is? Then those removing them are NOT AMERICANS and need to be removed, however is fastest.  I will even state flat out, if you want guns removed, then YOU need to leave this country, or I will be one of those putting you on the boat and waving with the statue of Liberty as you sail away...
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2015, 12:11:49 pm »
IF... it were possible to remove ALL guns from the world, including those owned by police and government

eh...IDK.  If someone is coming at me with a knife, I'd still rather have a gun  ;-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2015, 02:52:24 pm »
Funny how often survey's on gun control are based on indirectly hypothetical questions.  I've seen several that went something like "Would you be in favor of gun control to reduce crime."  This infer's of course that gun control will reduce crime.  "Would you be willing to give up your rights to help keep America safe from Terrorists?"  Another assumption.  Sometimes they even make it a directly hypothetical question such as "If gun control would reduce crime would you be in favor of it?"
-------------------

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2015, 09:17:21 pm »
 My answer would be, "Would you agree to ALL adults carrying guns if it meant criminals being afraid to attack anyone?"
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2015, 11:14:36 pm »
My answer would be, "Would you agree to ALL adults carrying guns if it meant criminals being afraid to attack anyone?"

LOL I would!  Most violent crimes would end violently, and that in itself would be a fantastic deterrent.

A local radio jockey was making fun of an establishment that served FOOD and sold guns.
   He stated on the air..  "Oh, yeah, I would feel REAL safe while I ate there."
   They received so MANY angry comments, that this fellow was sent to the place being spoken of to speak with the owner.
   He only had to say One short sentence, if he was brave enough.
   He walked in, looked around, at the armed patrons, and walked back out without saying anything...
   The sentence he was supposed to say when he walked in?

"This is a Stick up!"
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2015, 12:23:04 am »
Same thing that happens when some idiot tries to hold up a cop bar.
 :shocked:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin