Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Itunes Login Issue  (Read 7808 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Itunes Login Issue
« on: September 27, 2012, 05:16:40 pm »
On my workstation (primary PC to TV set up) suddenly I get an Unable to log in to Itunes - I go to log in- enter correct username/password and ACCESSING ITUNES STORE never connects - it just says the three words above.

So I've gone to Diagnostic under help and get the following message in RED "SECURE LINK TO ITUNES STORE FAILED"

(note) Three other computer work fine as does connect right up to Itunes store as does my Ipod Touch Gen 4.

I tried REPAIR and Uninstall in Uninstall Program in (Win7 64bit) control panel - I reinstalled program with latest software, and when it came back up, everything I had was still there but still wont let me sign in, nor will it display Itunes store.

I found a few "Solutions" going to C Prompt and doing this and that - but not even sure how to get to C prompt on Win 7. But this is my primary program for streaming radio/ podcasts and such - again, everything (all 557 apps) in the Ipod is done through Wifi - or I use the LIBRARY to transfer music and movies via USB if it is stuff from my PC to Ipod.

But I enjoy Itunes especially for podcasts and want this to work again on this PC that goes to my TV.

Anyone have a fix they can help me with, even after the C prompt walk thru - I wasn't to wild about doing what the wanted in the Ask/answered replies I found.

Worse case is always hooking up to any of my netbooks or laptop, but that is not how I like to do it, I hope to get this fixed so I can log-in, and have Itunes FIND and display the store content on the big screen and the awesome sound sysyem it has. THANKS ahead of time!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Itunes Login Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:08:47 pm »
John
Is this a result of perhaps a recent windows update? I  think 7 just updated yesterday. Perhaps a system restore to before yesterday?

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:36:25 pm »
I wish Ken...

I did try to add my work-station to the computer list for file transfer and it just looks at me (doesn't crash or anything) I just type info in and click the button and nothing happened.

I think because I couldn't add my work-station that I logged out - prior to that I was seeing Itunes okay. But trying to log-out and back in is when the issue likely happened. Sometimes you don't see a problem when it first pops up, or think "Hmmmm that was unusual" then dismiss it. So the moment all went to crap is a bit fuzzy, but no recent updates of any kind.

I am very good with with the virus wear and system maintenance, nothing happened outside of I tunes, but I have to add this is NOT an uncommon problem - lots of post around the web asking and the fix just gives me a bit of anxiety. I think I need Facetime and a tech to fix this :)

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 12:48:44 pm »
John,
I saw a couple places where quicktime could be the culprit .Perhaps uninstall and reinstall?

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:33:01 pm »
Hey Ken. Gonna try QT now. No luck so far else wise. Thanks.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:14:02 am »
John,
sorry I have not popped back in here,but have you had any luck with the login issue with Itunes?