Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's Flowering: Sydney NSW  (Read 3752 times)

Offline ropate

• New Bee
  • Newbee
What's Flowering: Sydney NSW
« on: March 06, 2019, 02:18:48 am »
Hi everyone, newbee here.  Just trying to track what's flowering in the area and whether or not it's nectar/pollen rich.  I've started taking photos and compiling a Google Photos album which stores location and time of the photo, which will hopefully give me a rough record of flowering time of the larger trees etc in the Inner West Area over the year.

Have seen that Paperbark and a few other Eucs have finally started flowering in and around Newtown/Camperdown.  What are you noticing?  I've heard its been pretty barren the last few weeks around the area!

Feel free to add pics if you have any of flowering plants.  If taken with a smartphone, date/location data will be automatically saved with it - Sydney Flowering Timeline https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fq3WUbZXiN8jyuf6A

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
Re: What's Flowering: Sydney NSW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 01:17:09 am »
"Smart Phone" - we don't even have phone reception here:)
" Bee friendly" by Mark Leech is a good source of info. Also " The honey Flora of NSW"

Offline ropate

• New Bee
  • Newbee
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 10:10:56 pm »
 :grin:

now THAT'S what i've been looking for.  need to find where i can buy Mark LEech's book.  Only seems to be links to PDF, but would rather have the hard copy

thanks so much!!!

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 01:14:19 am »
I got my copy from  the Rural Industries and Research Development Corporation for about $ 60.
Being in a city you will find that yor climate is probably quite similar to SE Qld

Offline Bamboo

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 04:50:29 am »
Kia Ora
Mate being in town everyone waters their garden so you should have heaps of multifloral honey all at their expense. Enjoy. Never a drought in town always something flowering.
Cheers
Mark