Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Windows installer conflict  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Windows installer conflict
« on: May 18, 2010, 10:37:40 pm »
I tried to install my "Vivitar" camera software on the computer and what a mess. I keep getting three or four different errors. 1. windows installer preparing to install 2. windows configures copy 3. error 1719 4. amrt.. I tried google and get lots of ways to attempt to fix but so far no is working. The gist of things is there are more than 1 .msa, I think, files conflicting. I really dont want to erase again but this is the second time this program has done this to me. I cant even uninstall any program from add/remove programs. ANY IDEAS!

Woops forgot to say the program took out the anitvirus and Microsoft Office 2007.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: Windows installer conflict
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:52:49 am »
I usually just use the uplink cable, or pull the memory card and put it directly into the appropriate slot. A lot of those proprietary programs are more hassle than they're worth, and the hardware winds up recognized generically as "a camera" or "media storage device", where you can open as a file and drag and drop your movies or images into the folder of your choice.
If the uplink cable doesn't work that way, just plug in the memory card and bypass the junk the vendor wants you to think you have to use to have your pictures
be happy and make others happy.

Offline dyess002

• Brood
Re: Windows installer conflict
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 10:14:34 pm »
You shouldn't have to have vendor software, I use Ubuntu now and don't know what the program that comes with windows is, but the one that you have with windows should work just fine.