Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What do you do with the dead out frames  (Read 11168 times)

Offline Leezbeez

• Brood
What do you do with the dead out frames
« on: January 21, 2021, 06:38:10 pm »
My first hive and only hive didn?t make it! Pretty sure it was varroa! But what can I do with these frames full of uncapped honey and looks like some bee bread? How do I know if it has fermented? Is it safe? Bees were alive two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: What do you do with the dead out frames
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 07:58:05 am »
Not bee bread, frass from varroa.  Freeze the frames if you can and use them for the next hive in the spring.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 10:56:48 am »
LJ bees,
Welcome to Beemaster.
I definitely see a lot of mite poop. I?m not sure what is in the cells that has creamy white. It looks like larvae that is liquified.
Hopefully someone else here recognizes it.
If not have your bee Inspecter look at it.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 12:03:33 pm »
Leez, is that top picture of brood or honey?  That is really weird looking.  I see a lot of hive beetles on that bottom board insert, could it be perhaps something they did after the hive collapsed? 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 06:31:01 pm »
     I always take a little extra time after freezing to rinse them thoroughly with the garden hose, shake 'em out then store them for next year....  SHB's tend to move quickly here with a dead out...so I rinse them as a precaution.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)