Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Can you help me to combine a laying worker hive???  (Read 15033 times)

Offline Dr.Wax

• New Bee
Re: Can you help me to combine a laying worker hive???
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 09:33:31 pm »
Annette, I was curious what you did with the frames with wax moth?

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2008, 12:35:30 am »
Annette, I was curious what you did with the frames with wax moth?

The ones that were really bad of course I just left them on the ground near the hive for now. Some sort of animal came by at night and actually ate the wax off those frames.

The frames that still looked good to me, I placed into a freezer. After a few days, I will store them away to use when needed.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 12:39:46 am »
Boy, oh boy I am so relieved of this hive. This has been a hard summer for me and the hive did not help at all.

I just rode up to visit the hives and I am so pleased to say that all the bees have drifted into my other hives. I would never believe it could be so easy. I thought there might be fighting going on, but I watched for quite a while and it just looked like the bees were accepted in. I did smoke the other hives really well to confuse them so they would accept the bees I shook out on the ground.

Now I am back to 2 good hives and that is enough for now. Next year perhaps I will split and get more.

Take care all you wonderful people and have a great evening
Annette in hot, hot, smokey Placerville. (too many fires around here and so much smoke in the air)

anything