Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 1691 times)

Offline incognito

• House Bee
I'm back
« on: May 18, 2022, 11:53:48 pm »
My son, and co beekeeper, is relocating to NJ. That leaves the beekeeping to me (Yea!). We set up the apiary in my mom's backyard. She nudged me into continuing the apiary after my son's departure. Him and I did not agree on his unconventional methods, so I stepped away from the project. Now I get to make the mistakes all by myself.
I installed two packages today. I am starting a month later than the first year, but there is plenty of built out comb giving them a head start. The nectar should be flowing strong for the next 6 weeks or so.

I spent quite some time scraping off junk from most of the old frames. A small number of frames are still usable for the brood boxes.

The apiary is in Suffolk County, New York - about mid point of Long Island.
Tom

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 11:57:11 pm »
Tom I'm glad you are back! Wishing the best for your Son in NJ. No two folks agree on everything.
Good for Mom! I have one of my apiaries at my Parents place as well. As far as mistakes, I am sure you will fare just fine. The advantage of having comb is a real advantage. I look forward to you posting again! A warm 'welcome back' to you Tom!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 12:08:23 am »
Welcome back, Tom!  I hope everything goes well with your new packages.  Beekeeping can be a pretty individual thing.  Hopefully you'll find discovering your personal style rewarding.  Keep us posted with how your bees are doing, and of course feel free to ask any questions you may have.  It's always great to see members return after a long absence!  :happy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 03:10:13 pm »
Welcome back Tom.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Honey Hive Farms

• New Bee
    • Honey Hive Farms
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 09:03:17 am »
Welcome back, wish you the best of luck in 2023
Saving the world one bee at a time!
www.HoneyHiveFarms.com