Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sweet Annie for varroa  (Read 1322 times)

Offline beehappy1950

• House Bee
Sweet Annie for varroa
« on: April 30, 2021, 02:51:03 pm »
I just read that sweet annie ( a flower) is supposed to help keep down varroa because the mites dont like it when the bees bring it in in the fall. Just read it and thought I would ask someone that is better at killing bees than me. :shocked:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Sweet Annie for varroa
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 09:02:52 pm »
I have never heard that but it would be great if it did negatively affect the mites. If it did and you could get the bees to make sweet Ann honey, you could sell it to other beekeepers at a high price to control mites.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 11:38:18 pm »
I just read that sweet annie ( a flower) is supposed to help keep down varroa because the mites dont like it when the bees bring it in in the fall. Just read it and thought I would ask someone that is better at killing bees than me. :shocked:

> I would ask someone that is better at killing bees than me. :shocked:

Haa haa that is funny!  :shocked: :cheesy: :wink:
Thanks for the smile!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 08:46:24 am »
Well, they won't catch malaria if they bring it in at any rate.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Brian MCquilkin

• House Bee
    • Ideal Honey Bees
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 12:20:21 pm »
Im probably better at killing bees than you  :wink: but I don't have an answer for you. I'm going to do some research on this one.
Despite my efforts the bees are doing great