Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wait! What? There is another beekeeping forum.  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Major_in_MS

• New Bee
  • Getting back into beekeeping 2021
    • Major's Beekeeping Blog
Wait! What? There is another beekeeping forum.
« on: March 26, 2021, 10:17:09 pm »
So, I was doing a search for some random bit of beekeeping information and as I was looking through the search results it was like, Huh,  What's that?  I didn't know there was another beekeeping forum.  So I clicked on it, and low and behold, one of my favorite YouTube beeks was replying to the thread I was looking at.  So, I exclaimed, out loud, "Darn it."  My wife said, "What?"  I replied, "Looks like I've found another forum to keep up with." 

My forums:

Backyardchickens
beesource
weldingweb
homebrewtalk
therangerstation
f150forum
mytractorforum

There are probably more that I can't think of right now.

and now

Beemaster

Thanks for the AD FREE forum.  I love that.

Major

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Wait! What? There is another beekeeping forum.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 10:19:53 pm »
Welcome Major_in_MS. Glad to have you...
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 10:48:38 pm »
Major,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 10:52:50 pm »
Welcome

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 11:22:51 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster!  :happy:  Ah, BYC, I've lurked around there loads of times looking up things for my sisters' chickens.  Also, "weldingweb"?  Man, there is a forum for everything isn't there.  :cheesy:   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 07:59:05 am »
I've scaled down to 3.
Beemaster
Worldwidebeekeeping
Ntractorclub
Welcome.....
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 08:14:46 am »
Greetings, Major.  Glad to meet you. How long have you been beekeeping, and how many hives?

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 02:08:27 pm »
welcome  :happy:

Offline Major_in_MS

• New Bee
  • Getting back into beekeeping 2021
    • Major's Beekeeping Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 09:34:03 pm »
How long have you been beekeeping, and how many hives?

Started beekeeping in 2013 with a local nuc and did not get it through the winter.  In 2014 I bought nucs and packages in GA, PA, and TX and out of ten hives, I got 8 through the winter.  Those 8 I split into 16 in 2015 with purchased Russian queens.  That year four hives got weak and fell to SHB.  In 2016 I moved and started working more hours and did not keep up with my hives and between 2016 to 2020 they dwindled down to one hive.  Last August I sold the property that hive was on, so I opened it for the first time in 5 years, harvested honey from the three medium ten frame supers that were on it, and went through the two deep brood boxes.  I saw four of five frames of spotty brood but never saw the queen.  I strapped the hive together one night with a moving screen over the entrance and moved them to my backyard.  They died out over the winter.

So, here I am, restarting in 2021.  I've got ten swarm traps out, one of which a swarm moved into today.  I also have 4 packages ordered from Baxley, GA, and will be getting five Russian nucs from local certified Russian breeders that are local to me.

I've been repainting my equipment and working on getting my backyard apiary ready and an outyard ready for the Russians.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 04:25:35 pm »
Welcome. This is a great forum. Very nice people here.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln