Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Propaganda  (Read 3033 times)

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
Propaganda
« on: December 05, 2023, 07:26:54 pm »
all over how this is the end. I have a couple CZ-USA guns I really like.

Backfire TV: they are gonna shut down imports and cut off our ammo supply. Don?t panic buy, but strategic buy.

Me: Can you cut off imports if they are still made in the USA?

Me: Are they imported because the owner lives in a different country, but they are made in America?

Ok, I can see where this could go south, but???..,
Discuss amongst yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Propaganda
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 08:42:56 pm »
Lol.  I think the ammo angle is their best bet.  Take CA, as an example, you have to

Be a current resident of California
Pass ?Eligibility Check? aka Background check
Be 21 years of age or older to purchase handgun ammunition
Be 18 years of age or older to purchase rifle or shotgun ammunition

more
https://caligunner.com/california-ammunition-laws/

One if the interesting things in here is the "purchased and registered your firearm"  There is no requirement to register a firearm, although the fact that they did a background check at point of purchase turns out to be a federal registration after all.  Those records were not supposed to be kept, but they have been. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/02/09/fact-check-claim-atf-has-gun-registry-missing-context/9304431002/

This is the explanation that depends on people not understanding metadata or how stored digital records work.  Creating a search criteria for these records would take a semi-competent programer a few minutes. 

There is no law that keeps them from tracking ammo sales so helpfully provided by the state of CA.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Propaganda
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 06:05:52 am »
Since pistols exist for .22 LR it is considered pistol ammo.  When I was 20 I was married with two kids and I could buy a .22 rifle, but I couldn't buy ammo for it.

Illinois passed a law way back in the late 60's that you had to have a background check and a card from the state to buy ammo.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin