Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mr HoneyPump Just a taste of your everyday winter life!  (Read 1473 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Mr HoneyPump Just a taste of your everyday winter life!
« on: February 15, 2021, 09:27:45 am »
I feel for you Northern folks during winter. In my area we are getting (just a taste) of your common daily winter life.   -11c here at the present /  -15c tonight!    (11f and 4f) Rough for me ! 😊
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online .30WCF

• Queen Bee
Re: Mr HoneyPump Just a taste of your everyday winter life!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 09:32:01 am »
We had some good ice build up Friday/Saturday in NC. Highs in the mid 30s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 10:53:56 am »
Phillip, don't you mean a taste of HoneyPump's spring?  :wink:  :cheesy:  Seriously though, that is COLD!  We just aren't getting it here in the mountains. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
Mr HoneyPump Just a taste of your everyday winter life!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 01:14:09 pm »
Keeping on hanging on. It has been a couple of weeks of of deep freeze here. Almost through it. Sunshine and a 20 degree temperature swing is in the 10 day forecast. Then will still be the -15ish you have now. Yes, I suppose when the swing happens that would be my first indication to start thinking about spring being 8 to 10 weeks away.
At the beehive.  -35 outside.   +25 inside the hive.  The bees are fine.
These are good times for progress on all those indoor projects youve be procrastinationg about. Also great time for reflection and projection to ensure you have everything needed and in place for your 2021 plans.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 02:14:23 pm by TheHoneyPump »
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 10:03:41 pm »
You getting any of this snow/ice Phillip?

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 11:29:00 pm »

Oh yes, snowed most of the night last night and most of the say today. Light snow thankfully. We have from 6-8 inches.

What about you there in Kentucky?
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 12:09:12 am »
I suppose that mid-Georgia beeks suffering with Temps of day 40s and night upper 20s, does draw much sympathy from you northern beeks.
Our one actual, real, complaint in Georgia is our winter means cold, wet, and grey. Never any snow, just ice, wet, cold, and depressing.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 03:23:00 am »
Phillip, don't you mean a taste of HoneyPump's spring?  :wink:  :cheesy:  Seriously though, that is COLD!  We just aren't getting it here in the mountains.

Haa haa your right again Member!...  :cheesy: :grin:

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 11:59:40 am »

Oh yes, snowed most of the night last night and most of the say today. Light snow thankfully. We have from 6-8 inches.

What about you there in Kentucky?
About the same totals but a mix of snow/sleet/freezing rain. With another coming tomorrow.