Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Around The World in a Gyroplane  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Around The World in a Gyroplane
« on: February 11, 2021, 02:27:10 pm »
"James Ketchell
On 1st February 2014, James became the first and only person to have rowed across the Atlantic Ocean, successfully summited Mount Everest and cycled 18,000 miles around the world.

Seven years prior to all this, he was recovering from a serious motorcycle accident that left him with broken legs as well as a severely broken and dislocated ankle. The prognosis was that he was likely to suffer a permanent walking impairment and would certainly not be able to continue the active physical lifestyle he had enjoyed up to that point."

He has now described a round the world trip in his Gyroplane. The following is just one scene of that trip. The Alaskan Mountains. I suggest you zoom in as you are watching the flight. Amazing!

https://youtu.be/EXAzd3IbNOM
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Around The World in a Gyroplane
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 09:43:19 pm »
Good video, I would love to have one of those gyro planes. I wonder what the price tag is for one of them. Time to Google.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 10:11:14 pm »
Good video, I would love to have one of those gyro planes. I wonder what the price tag is for one of them. Time to Google.
Jim Altmiller

Jim one like that goes for around 100. They have some that go for more and less. Some are even home built. There is fellow in texas that makes them for a motorcycle design. Last I heard his was going for around 20-25 only one seat though. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 11:22:53 pm by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 10:22:48 pm »
Phillip,
Do you have his contact information?
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 10:58:44 pm »
Phillip,
Do you have his contact information?
Jim Altmiller

I had the guys name in Tampa. I will see if I can find it.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 11:05:48 pm »
Jim I am going to post two videos. One is the guy in Tampa and the other is the guy in Texas.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 11:06:30 pm »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 11:10:20 pm »

The man from Texas.
Jim this one is older, I do not know if he is still in business.

PS, There is another company in Louisiana also. I will try and find that one for you as well.

https://youtu.be/BTNz6NftP34

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 11:14:09 pm »
The Louisiana Company.

https://youtu.be/mVvVhgP9q7E

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 11:16:39 pm »
Jim this one shows a variety of designs including home built. This was South of Orlando in the Tampa area if I remember correctly.
At 19:51 Notice the bee hives at 8 0clock.  (Just at the bottom of the left hand side beside the runway).
https://youtu.be/RjEiz5WlsSg

And this.

https://youtu.be/ZUnv_iVlCbk
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:11:54 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 11:19:05 pm »
If I remember correctly you can retrieve each one of these contacts from these videos. As TheHoneyPump says, I hope that helps. lol
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 11:34:06 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 11:37:57 pm »
Jim these have been around since the 1920's. One was famous in a James Bond Movie back in the late 60's. They are really catching on here. From what I understand they have been hot in Europe for a while?

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 11:21:38 pm »