Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: For CoolBees 30WCF and GWW  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
For CoolBees 30WCF and GWW
« on: December 15, 2021, 03:01:59 am »
I thought of you three when I watched this video.

https://youtu.be/gY2Fz1eysQU
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: For CoolBees 30WCF and GWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 03:17:09 pm »
In my humble opinion, that Big Hole River country is some of the prettiest country there is on this earth - specifically because it isn't all "grown up" with people yet. If I had the money - that's where I'd live out my days. (The winter's are harsh though). But alas, I can't afford it up there. [Sigh].

I didn't know Hank Jr had a ranch there. I knew he used to have a place over on the Gallatin River - maybe he still does.

The Loading Room is my favorite place also. It's peaceful.

The Big Hole, the Beaverhead, & the Ruby rivers come together in a place called Twin Bridges, Mt, and form the Jefferson River. The Jefferson flows down to a place called Three Forks, MT and joins with the Madison & Gallatin rivers - to form the Missouri River. All of these are world-class trout rivers - and I've fished them all. Truely magnificent country.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 03:35:17 pm »
Here's a trout out of the Big Hole River

Another out of the Ruby River
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 03:46:38 pm »
I love it ! When can WE go again?  :shocked: :grin:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 05:58:34 pm »
Should we put together a Beemaster fishing trip in Montana?  :cool:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 08:59:40 pm »

That may be a tall order to fill, but It would be good fellowship for sure!  :grin:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 09:10:11 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 12:06:02 am »
I could handle that. Might be a bit developed for me though. Probably would have to run Hank out of town and take over his ranch.

It?s funny that the aerial shots were probably a big deal and used a plane or helicopter. Now any old joe can do that with a drone from Walmart, but that was big time not so long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 12:07:09 am »
While we are at it, I could use a little help getting myself an elk.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 12:12:43 am »

Has haa, good one...  Since we have been talking about the subject lately, I am more concerned about Mr Grizzly Bear sneaking up.. :shocked:

I can't let ole Griz slow down the kind of fishing Cool has posted! Awesome stuff!

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 12:14:14 am »
I don?t have to out run the griz, I just have to out run you.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 12:18:06 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 12:18:19 am »
I don?t have to out run the griz, I just have to out run you.

Well thanks for the warning! I was going to pick you for my fishing partner. I think I will reconsider! lol :wink: :cool:

Following your lead; I think I will chose Ace instead. I ('might, just might') be able to out run him! lol  :wink:

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2021, 12:22:06 am »
An alternative is carrying a gun. Most people shoot small caliber guns more accurately than larger guns. A .22 is actually a very good bear defense gun. Although that may be debated by the naysayers and macho crown. Simply, as the bear is posturing, you just shoot the other guy in the knee and walk away to safety.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2021, 12:25:04 am »
An alternative is carrying a gun. Most people shoot small caliber guns more accurately than larger guns. A .22 is actually a very good bear defense gun. Although that may be debated by the naysayers and macho crown. Simply, as the bear is posturing, you just shoot the other guy in the knee and walk away to safety.

Well, you just messed up your chances for a partner, you are on you own most likely. After that revelation, I doubt that even quick footed Beemaster2 will partner with you now!! lol :cheesy:

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2021, 12:47:38 am »
Just depends on who thinks they are the fastest draw.
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 12:52:18 am »
Just depends on who thinks they are the fastest draw.
Cheers
gww

:wink:

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2021, 01:08:10 am »

Well - come on up hunting then. Elk are never a guarantee, but we've gotten plenty of them.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2021, 02:09:21 am »
I could handle that. Might be a bit developed for me though. Probably would have to run Hank out of town and take over his ranch.

It?s funny that the aerial shots were probably a big deal and used a plane or helicopter. Now any old joe can do that with a drone from Walmart, but that was big time not so long ago.

Yea 30 I am thinking you are right about the plane or helicopter. I believe that was filmed back in the late 80's and if so, I don't think there were drones available back then but I really don't know. I did not realize he fell from such a high altitude. I had heard it was 200 plus feet, even that boggles my little brain that he could survive from that height... This time 'A country boy did survive!'   
That had to be an act of God?
Maybe you can hook up with Alan and post some good pictures of that Elk Hunt! That would be awesome!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 02:28:10 am by Ben Framed »

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2021, 11:04:37 am »
I am laughing so hard!  Somehow this conversation went from a hypothetical hunting trip to a quick draw contest!!  :cheesy: :cheesy:

Yea 30 I am thinking you are right about the plane or helicopter. I believe that was filmed back in the late 80's and if so, I don't think there were drones available back then but I really don't know.
Have you ever noticed how in old footage the herds are always running, but now that drones are used the animals are just grazing?  Back when those helicopter shots were all you saw, the majesty of the herd in motion was what struck me, but now that you see drone footage where the animals aren't affected by the camera, all I can think about is how terrified the running animals are of the helicopter in the older footage.  Kind of ruins the moment for me.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
For CoolBees 30WCF and GWW
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2021, 11:08:50 am »
I am laughing so hard!  Somehow this conversation went from a hypothetical hunting trip to a quick draw contest!!  :cheesy: :cheesy:

Yea 30 I am thinking you are right about the plane or helicopter. I believe that was filmed back in the late 80's and if so, I don't think there were drones available back then but I really don't know.
Have you ever noticed how in old footage the herds are always running, but now that drones are used the animals are just grazing?  Back when those helicopter shots were all you saw, the majesty of the herd in motion was what struck me, but now that you see drone footage where the animals aren't affected by the camera, all I can think about is how terrified the running animals are of the helicopter in the older footage.  Kind of ruins the moment for me.   
They aren?t running from the drone, but I?m sure they are watching it thinking, ? man that?s a big A horsefly, that thing better not come near me?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 01:55:37 pm by .30WCF »

anything