Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Problems with private messaging  (Read 5396 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Problems with private messaging
« on: June 01, 2006, 11:58:30 pm »
Help!

I'm trying to reply to a private message from an Atlanta beekeeper and I am unable to send a message.  The FAQ says that if I can't send either:
1.  I am not logged on - so I logged off and logged on again

2.  The beemaster has closed out everyone from sending PM messages - not true - he just wrote me and suggested that I post the problem here and I tried to reply to his message and couldn't send it either

3.  I personally have been closed out by the admin - John says not true.

In my outbox section of the private messages, I can only choose "save" or "delete" message - there is no choice to send.

I've tried replying to the private message sent to me as well as creating a whole new post and neither one will send.  If I write a new private message that won't send either, but if I choose "submit" it says that the message has been sent, but the message does not appear in my sent box and the other person does not get it.

The only way I could contact John (beemaster) was to go to my gmail account and write him from there.

Linda T - very frustrated in Atlanta

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:02:23 am »
I have sent you a pm see if you can hit the reply button and respond to it.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 12:03:51 am »
I tried to respond to you and the response is in my outbox but won't go anywhere and the outbox has no choice of "send" only delete or save.

However, when I responded and hit "submit" it always says your message has been sent - but the only place it has been sent is to my outbox.

I also have tried turning off my computer and then back on - but this happened at my office on my laptop today as well so it isn't my computer since I am now at my desktop and the same thing is happening.

Linda T - very frustrated   :evil:

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 12:10:34 am »
okay there are two possiblities here.
1. The browser is having a problem and not showing all the features. My first recommendation is that you download and install Opera (free) and try to view the site with opera. If you have all your buttons the problem is with the browser.

2. Your account is just on a fluke. My recommendation would be if the browser solution doesn't work. You create a new account and ask the wonderful beemaster to restore you message count to bring your member standing back to normal. If that does not fix it, the problem is most likely on your end. If it happens with a second account and it is not happening to other members then it will definitly be something on your end.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:12:14 am »
I received your pm reply and have replied back. You pm is working.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 12:14:34 am »
OK, thanks so much - I used to use Opera on my old desktop - it does seem funny that it happens with my computer here as well as my laptop at the office - makes me think the problem is with my account rather than with the browser - although I use Windows XP at both locations.

I'll try Opera and then ask Beemaster to help me out.

I appreciate your time and input.

Linda T

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 12:16:52 am »
I just tried to reply to yours and it is still just in my outbox going nowhere.  Wierd......I'll ask John about my account.

Linda T

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
    • http://www.mcglothlinmusic.com
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 12:18:27 am »
Tillie,

Messages stay in your outbox until the recipient actually reads them. . .

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 12:20:11 am »
So the outbox is not about messages waiting to be sent but rather is about messages waiting to be read???

Amazing - I guess Brendhan just read my last reply to his test message and then it disappeared from my outbox.....well, I'm just not computer savy - on my computer in Outlook the messages in the outbox have not left the computer yet, so I thought the same applied here.

Linda T

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 12:24:44 am »
Correct the outbox has stuff in it until the lazy bum on the other end reads it. ;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan